997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

20" Wheels or 19"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Shade is a jewel in the roughShade is a jewel in the roughShade is a jewel in the rough
20" Wheels or 19"

Hi!

I am a new Porsche owner and I want to thank all the people that have responded to my enquiries. I own an artic silver 997 TT cab. I will be using the GMG lowering kit(20mm) and sway bars. I am interested to know how would the vehicle respond with 20" wheels instead of 19" stock wheels e.g. rubbing, stiffer ride, any negatives? Once again people, please pass on some more good advise and vehicles pictures with 20" wheels if any.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I recently posted up some pics of 20s on my car...I'm putting on coilovers now so I'll take more pics for you when it's done...do a search and you will find tons of pics.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:11 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Banned
ISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant future
Here you go. These are 20" ISS Forged Spias

Old 06-24-2009, 01:53 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Here is a previous thread asking the same question:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...997tt-cab.html

Old 06-24-2009, 10:47 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Topic of many discussions & pics ,for & against both ,it comes down to the biggest visual & probably costly choice that only you can make .However i'm partial to 20" & love posting pics of my car so here are some more .
1st pic is stock height 2nd pic is lowered with Bilstien B16 ,a dramatic change in appearance & a very tolerable ride IMHO ,when i researched this here on 6speed it seemed many people started with the lowering springs but ultimately ended up with the adjustable B16 with Pasm,good luck.

Attached Images   

Last edited by twturbo; 06-24-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:57 PM
remy_topdrive is infamous around these parts
in my honest opinion, 20's look really good on 997's..

Old 06-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Ah, the everlasting debate....

For normal driving and street purposes, 20" perform just fine, and I think a plus size always looks better. 19s are better for all out performance, but at the same time I don't think installing 20s harm performance as much as people think they do.

Here's my car (when I still had it) with a set of 20" Modulare M6 wheels. I think the proportions look just right.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 06-25-2009, 12:44 AM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
19's for Go. 20's for Show.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:46 AM
Roller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NeilM
or...

19's for track and 20's for street. I don't beleive 20's will harm street performance a great deal.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:44 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
for the wheel experts, are you stating that 20's harm performance due to the added weight, or is there some other cause that I am not aware of?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NeilM
+1
But I do have 20's on my car. I like the way they look over the 19's. I'm not tracking it and if I was I would just throw the stock ones on for that.. Most will not notice performance difference on the street. And if you go with a forged set they still might even be lighter then the stockers(I know the weight is farther from the hub still)

Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Banned
ISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant future
I agree

Originally Posted by Roller
or...

19's for track and 20's for street. I don't beleive 20's will harm street performance a great deal.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
19's: if the wheel has no lip thus making it look bigger
20's: if the wheel has a lip since this style of wheel looks smaller

My car had the HRE P40s installed at the dealer way back in Nov or Dec of 2007, they were one of the first to get the wheel. For me it worked out great, awesome new wheel and I didnt have to a pay for tires since they used the stock PS2's. They are 19's but with no lip of course so they appear bigger.

Last edited by Vic55; 06-25-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vic55
19's: if the wheel has no lip thus making it look bigger
20's: if the wheel has a lip since this style of wheel looks smaller

My car had the HRE P40s installed at the dealer way back in Nov or Dec of 2007, they were one of the first to get the wheel. For me it worked out great, awesome new wheel and I didnt have to a pay for tires since they used the stock PS2's. They are 19's but with no lip of course so they appear bigger.

That's exactly what I was thinking. A full face wheel like HRE P40's look bigger and you could do 19's with them. Any wheel with a lip looks smaller and you should probably go 20's on those.

If your car is strictly a street car, 20's are just fine. The ride will be stiffer than 19's though. For track use, 19's is probably a better choice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 20" Wheels or 19"