997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New to the club, need advise on exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 01:14 AM
combo3010 is infamous around these parts
Personally think 9FF sounds great! you can hear the turbos!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRvHf9gv5fg

Old 06-27-2009, 03:45 AM
scont07tt is infamous around these parts
techart sport valve exhaust here its amazing and its switchable so you can have it like stock when your cruising.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:00 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
You should look into the FVD Brombacher exhaust. I have one on my car and simply love it. So does nyamg. It doesn't appear to get as much publicity as Tubi or Cargraphic but the exhaust note is really sensational. Rhonda is really great to work with at FVD. Give her a call.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:23 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TTdude
You should look into the FVD Brombacher exhaust. I have one on my car and simply love it. So does nyamg. It doesn't appear to get as much publicity as Tubi or Cargraphic but the exhaust note is really sensational. Rhonda is really great to work with at FVD. Give her a call.
+1, FVD really doesn't get the publicity it deserves, the sound is absolutely insane. Check it out if you can....

Old 06-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
I got a gen1 FVD exhaust with 100 cells for sale, if you are interested pm me.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Silentrun is infamous around these parts
Look at Europipe as well, love mine.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:08 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by combo3010
Personally think 9FF sounds great! you can hear the turbos!
If you want the turbo whistle noise, you could always install these...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI9eIgvjCHo

Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 PM
SealTTX50 has a spectacular aura aboutSealTTX50 has a spectacular aura about
Anyone have any thoughts on AWE or GMG?

Old 06-29-2009, 02:03 PM
hog4oc is infamous around these parts
Went to Qualcomm stadium over the weekened, I finally decide the Cargraphic "loud" version. I like the way it idle sounds and very aggressive when "wot"

I check around the price, and find the best deal from Alext at Tag Motorsports. He is very helpful.

I'm going to install the Cargraphic exhaust this week and will decide which ECM i will get.

Cheers

Dave

Old 06-29-2009, 02:17 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Congrats Dave!

I finally heard Cargraphic this weekend...it sounds great but not sure it's loud enough for me...anyone have any ideas of something along those lines but a little louder?

Old 06-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Justin,

Did you hear the Cargraphic regular or "loud" version?

Dave

Old 06-29-2009, 02:43 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I heard 2...one wasn't sure which he had and the other was the loud...it still wasn't quite loud enough for me...it was great don't get me wrong...and in the car it's not noisy and no drone at all...but for my $5K or so I want it to be a little angrier! But that's just me...I think it's a great exhaust and you will love it.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Here is some high quality sound file for the Cargraphic "loud" exhaust

http://www.cargraphic.de/stepone/dat...00/P97TETS.mp3

Old 06-29-2009, 04:00 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SealTTX50
Anyone have any thoughts on AWE or GMG?
Almost every local 997tt owner who has heard my car has bought an AWE exhaust for their cars. I don't think you will go wrong with any of the units mentioned, but it is really a "tonal quality" issue. The AWE unit has a demonic rumble at idle so deep it sounds like Satan is entering the building. It is however not really obnoxious or droning or particularly loud. While most wives berate their husbands over their racey/ricey exhausts, my wife finds it to be her favorite part about the car. She wants the AWE guys to make her Cayenne TT sound like the 997. Go figure.

my AWE sound clip

Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
Congrats on your decision. I installed a Cargraphic Loud on my Turbo a couple of weeks ago. As you managed to hear it in person, I know you'll be pleased. Mine's actually gotten even deeper/throatier in the 500 miles that I've put on it since installation. Enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to the club, need advise on exhaust