997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New to the club, need advise on exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:58 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by raclaims
Congrats Dave!

I finally heard Cargraphic this weekend...it sounds great but not sure it's loud enough for me...anyone have any ideas of something along those lines but a little louder?
I think you should hear the FVD Gen 2.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:17 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
couldn't be any happier with the cargraphic system. PM me if you need help

Old 06-29-2009, 05:20 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Old 06-29-2009, 05:27 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I like CG Loud as well. Just in case you want something louder, here's a video of FVD Gen2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=140RAgvvYDI

Old 06-29-2009, 06:59 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
I recently had the AWE Gen2 exhaust installed on mine. It only has 200 or so miles on it since install and sounds great. Very throaty on start up and a real snarl on acceleration. No drone or resonance in the cabin in any gear at any speed. Perfect fit with no adjustments needed and the Black Diamond tips are just AWEsome. Performance gain is noticeable. Unit weighed about the same as stock. Once I figure how to post videos I will post a clip of the sound. Bottom line is try and hear them for yourself, and find the one that checks all your boxes after all you have to live with it

Old 06-29-2009, 07:18 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
Here are some shots of mine.

Attached Images    
Old 06-29-2009, 07:19 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Is there anyone in NJ with the FVD Gen 2 so I can hear it in person?

I heard the AWE and again I liked it but just wasn't what I'm after...in fact it did drone a bit which surprised me...there was no drone at all with the Cargraphic.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:27 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I would love to hear the Tubi race as well if anyone has it...

Old 06-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Yeah that's another one I'd love to hear but I haven't found anyone in NJ yet with a set...

Old 06-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Silentrun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Josh@TPCRACING
My vote is for EUROPIPE. We install them on the Turbos that come here and they are AMAZING! I've driven behind cars with the system and the sound is like nothing else out there. You can here the turbos spooling anytime the driver touches the gas. There is no drone, and the quality and craftsmanship are second to none. They are a little on the pricey side, but they deliver the whole package; great sound, great look, great quality, and great power(~30whp over stock).
Love my Europipe: here is a picture of the unit installed

Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Silentrun
Love my Europipe: here is a picture of the unit installed

you dropped your engine for an exhaust install?????

Old 06-30-2009, 11:36 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
nice in-ground floor lift

Old 06-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raclaims
I would love to hear the Tubi race as well if anyone has it...
IMO you can't go wrong with the Tubi system. Between the fit, finish, quality, and sound of the system, it's worth every penny.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:34 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
I have Tubi for my 997.2 and it sounds nicely under WOT or first start up in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxqhS1Tbu2A

Old 06-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Silentrun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nyamg
you dropped your engine for an exhaust install?????
No... Unfortunately a lifter failed under warranty and is currently being replaced. The dealer is nice enough to let me take pictures.

While the engine is down, upgrading to a Sportec Stage 3 mod!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to the club, need advise on exhaust