997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New to the club, need advise on exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JmanE55
I have Tubi for my 997.2 and it sounds nicely under WOT or first start up in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxqhS1Tbu2A
Such a great sound!!

Old 06-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Former Vendor
RSSsales is infamous around these parts
Hog4oc,

Congratulations on the Cargraphic Exhaust. Alex @ Tag Motorsports is a great dealer to work with. A great compliment would be the EVOMSit Software Reflash Package.

Ben@RSS

Last edited by RSSsales; 07-07-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:00 PM
SleepTight is infamous around these parts
What's the best exhaust that's also quiet at low revs and while cruising? I'm looking for a modest horsepower boost and good sound when reved but with a high wife acceptance factor.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:16 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Sleeptite, take a listen to my tubi's sometime, they will fit your bill nicely.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:12 PM
WTT997 is infamous around these parts
Hi all,

Im currently running on Tubi exhaust, 4600usd, i have a qns. The label on the muffler reads "Only competition" above the production serial number. Is this the Regular version?

Also, has anyone changed to a Cargraphic super loud export version and owning a Tubi previously? Any inputs in comparison would be greatly appreciated. Tks, Ron.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:11 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
That competition only label is a CYA thing, don't worry about it. The Tubi race has no cats, first gen used twin cans newer gen has a single can similar to the race version.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:48 AM
SleepTight is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Sleeptite, take a listen to my tubi's sometime, they will fit your bill nicely.
Would love to. Who did your install?

Old 07-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
What about SpeedTech version, for the price it is almost half of others.

Dave<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Dave,

It's a great choice and the quality is equal to anything on the market. I have them in stock for immediate delivery. If you are interested in more information - shoot me a PM or email and I'll be glad to discuss it with you. 6speed member price is $1,995.00-

Regards,

John

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 07-06-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:54 AM
hog4oc is infamous around these parts
I have installed the Cargraphic loud version (accquired from Alex @ Tag Motorsports -best price, I shopped around). It took 4 hours to installed (3 hours to take out the stock exhaust). I love the sound especially when you cold start and WOT. I had a big disel Chevy guy pass by me other day with pedal pressed, I passed him later with "WOT" and scared sh** of him, love that feeling.

My next mod is the ECU software - I'd love to hear some recommendation from my forum members.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Alec is infamous around these parts
I highly recommend the Tubi Style Exhaust as many others have said. My only complaint would be that at highway speeds, it howls!

Old 07-07-2009, 12:18 PM
NeilM - i can't pm you back (not enough post yet), please email to me dave@osdaudio.com

Old 07-10-2009, 06:59 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hog4oc
I have installed the Cargraphic loud version (accquired from Alex @ Tag Motorsports -best price, I shopped around). It took 4 hours to installed (3 hours to take out the stock exhaust). I love the sound especially when you cold start and WOT. I had a big disel Chevy guy pass by me other day with pedal pressed, I passed him later with "WOT" and scared sh** of him, love that feeling.

My next mod is the ECU software - I'd love to hear some recommendation from my forum members.
4 hrs to install is a long time. The guy must be slow with the wrench.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Yes I figure it should be 2.5 hr job.

dave

Old 07-11-2009, 02:21 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
nothing wrong with slow so long as its done right!

Old 07-11-2009, 07:48 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
I got bored with my stock exhaust, so before I decide to spend 5k on it, I took out the cats on the stock exhaust, the response is much much more quicker. No drone, inside the cabin its noise is about the same as the stock with cats, but with turbo whistle. I don't have CEL yet, but am getting the o2 bungs made to solve potential issued. Overall, am 8/10 happy... I really need to hear other exhausts to decide wether to change it or not...

I've only heard SpeedArt, and to me, I'd be happier with my stock exhaust and no cats.

Last edited by SRatha; 07-11-2009 at 07:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to the club, need advise on exhaust