997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New to the club, need advise on exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 07:47 AM
tclayj is infamous around these parts
Why would you be happier with stock over SpaadART?

Old 08-09-2009, 10:23 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
Cargraphic for deeper sound, Tubi for higher pitch. CG will give you better back pressure relief (faster Turbo spool and more power) but Tubi has less resonance on the freeway. Both are very good though.
Are you saying that Tubi even tho lesss resonance than the others, still may have more 50-55 mph resonance than factory? What about engine service light with Tubi, any problem with that??

Old 08-09-2009, 10:46 PM
iceefreshco is infamous around these parts
LMAO....how many horsepower does this give???!!!

Originally Posted by SealTTX50
Anyone have any thoughts on AWE or GMG?

Old 08-09-2009, 11:05 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tclayj
Why would you be happier with stock over SpaadART?
Its SpeedArt, anyway, yes, am happier with the stock ones with no cats. To me I can't really tell the difference between the switch modes in terms of sound. The power, the SpeedArt may have edged it, but not by much and my friend spent 8k on it to get it over here. No thanks and my stock with no cats sounds better (to me anyway) in my case I think thats all it matters. I have already modded my exhaust again, and this time, without a doubt its very explosive.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:00 AM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
I love my TUBI exhaust, great quality, amazing sound, fitment was perfect

Old 08-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnww
Are you saying that Tubi even tho lesss resonance than the others, still may have more 50-55 mph resonance than factory? What about engine service light with Tubi, any problem with that??
In my experience the Tubi has very little resonance at highway speeds. Keep something very important in mind, however. There is a distinct difference between volume and resonance. The volume level of the Tubi will be higher then stock, yes. But resonance (or that annoying deep drone that resonates in the cabin at certain rpm's) is not present in my experience.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
In my experience the Tubi has very little resonance at highway speeds. Keep something very important in mind, however. There is a distinct difference between volume and resonance. The volume level of the Tubi will be higher then stock, yes. But resonance (or that annoying deep drone that resonates in the cabin at certain rpm's) is not present in my experience.
What about engine light...I guess no mention meant no problem with your Tubi exhaust??

Old 08-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
What about engine light...I guess no mention meant no problem with your Tubi exhaust??
The Tubi Race system has no cats, but uses O2 simulators to insure that there are no check engine light issues. In the cars we've done recently the check engine light has not come on with any of them.

Where are you located in Florida?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
The Tubi Race system has no cats, but uses O2 simulators to insure that there are no check engine light issues. In the cars we've done recently the check engine light has not come on with any of them.

Where are you located in Florida?
Pensacola....Know of a turbo with Tubi close by? I would like to hear one before purchase.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor
Pensacola....Know of a turbo with Tubi close by? I would like to hear one before purchase.
Unfortunately no. The closest I know of is in Sarasota, but that's probably a good 10 hour drive I'd guess.

In all honesty, I have yet to find someone who was not completely thrilled by the sound of the Tubi Race system. The sound is truly unique, the construction and quality is second to none, and fit/finish is top notch.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
There's a guy on rennlist selling his Tubi exhaust due to fault codes P0420 and P0431(cat efficiency). It is the one with 200 cell cats and not the race version. Wonder what causes the codes??

Last edited by SonicKrack; 06-29-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:59 AM
tclayj is infamous around these parts
Another fine exhaust to consider with excellent customer service is FVD. They are TUV certified and sound very aggressive.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
There's a guy on rennlist selling his Tubi exhaust due to fault codes P0420 and P0431(cat efficiency). It is the one with 200 cell cats and not the race version. Wonder what causes the codes??
Whats his screen name? Those are cat inefficiency codes. I would suggest that he doesn't have his 02 simulators in place. I'd be happy to assist him with these.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Well, if it's not a big issue to fix, I will be the new owner of the exhaust system. His 997 sold and the Tubi is sitting in his garage.