997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New to the club, need advise on exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 PM
hog4oc is infamous around these parts
New to the club, need advise on exhaust

Hi, just bought my first Porsche, it is 07 997TT, love the car. I need some advise on the exhuast system. I looked at couple of posting about different exhaust. My question is which one sounds the best? - I've seen someone posting indicating the Tubi has the closest sound to F430 - I kind like that sound.

Can someone give me some advise? I'm looking for the best sound exhaust.

Cheers

Dave

Old 06-25-2009, 03:08 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hog4oc
Hi, just bought my first Porsche, it is 07 997TT, love the car. I need some advise on the exhuast system. I looked at couple of posting about different exhaust. My question is which one sounds the best? - I've seen someone posting indicating the Tubi has the closest sound to F430 - I kind like that sound.

Can someone give me some advise? I'm looking for the best sound exhaust.

Cheers

Dave
YOu really need to hear them in person.
IMO, Cargraphic enhanced the sound and provided just the right amount of cabin noise without drone.
I have heard the Tubi and it would be my 2nd.
There are many to look at.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Cargraphic for deeper sound, Tubi for higher pitch. CG will give you better back pressure relief (faster Turbo spool and more power) but Tubi has less resonance on the freeway. Both are very good though.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:44 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
CG and Tubi for me. Can't go wrong.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:47 PM
When you said deep sound

When you said deep sound, is that like Muscle car sound - i have 09 Challengr SRT with Zoomers exhaust, typical v8 musle sound.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NeilM
CG and Tubi for me. Can't go wrong.
Correcto.... the only three we ever use are the Cargraphic, Tubi or TechArt. They all flow very well and have their own distinct sound without the the interior drone. They fit well too. It's certainly wise to try and listen to them if you can in person.

We do have videos of them here:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/magazi...o-channel.html

Old 06-25-2009, 06:24 PM
What about SpeedTech

What about SpeedTech version, for the price it is almost half of others.

Dave

Old 06-25-2009, 06:50 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I think with 997 turbo exhausts you get what you pay for....I currently run the tubi.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:02 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Tubi or cargraphic . Personally the Tubi race version is phenominal . Compared to the regular Tubi I notice the following :

1) Race is magnificently louder on cold start up.
2) Race is mindblowinging incredible when stepped on . So is the regular but the race is deep and gnarly .
3) At low throttle -Race can be quieter . That's right --perhaps the reduced backpressure on gentle foot driving can be so mellow whereas the muffler baffles of the regular exhaust reveals its presence a bit more .

Old 06-26-2009, 08:27 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Another vote for the Tubi

Old 06-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Is Tubi racing version causing engine light come on?

Cheers

Dave

Old 06-26-2009, 12:31 PM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
I've got the cargraphic. Go to some meets and take a listen to a them. I heard the cargraphic and picked it up the next week. Performance differences are minimual if any between Tubi/CG. Difference in sound is all personal perference.

GL.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:42 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
No Fabspeed votes???

I'm interested in hearing thoughts/opinions on the 997TT Fabspeed system....is there something about it that makes it not even worthy of a mention (I'm still in the deciding stage myself...had the Fabspeed on my 07TT and the 08TT is still stock).

Old 06-26-2009, 01:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
hog4soc -I had to have the software re flashed to accomodate the race version . Keep in mind that i was not running a stock ECU. My car is an Evt700. Removing the cats added even more juice to the punch.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
As many have said, you can't go wrong with Tubi or CG. The main difference between the two will be your preference in sound. Keep in mind though, the 997TT is a different animal from your Challenger, so duplicating that sound will be tough.

Many people have different tolerances for cabin noise and overall volume. What's most important is making sure whichever one you choose suits you, since you have to live with a car on a daily basis.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to the club, need advise on exhaust