997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

On again Off again CEL - Fabspeed exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:52 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
I have the fabspeed quiet and get lots of cel's. I just ignore them.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie
I have the fabspeed quiet and get lots of cel's. I just ignore them.
Hey Jaime, why not just open the dash and pull the light bulb, That would solve the continuous on/off again P.I.T.A. light?

Old 07-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Good idea

Originally Posted by ERSKATEDOC
I have a speedtech exhaust and the CEL problem went away after adding o2 bung extensions. Took me about 20 minutes to put them on. A floor jack is a must if you DIY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...Q5fAccessories
Yes, a bung extension did the trick for me too. Have your MAFS cleaned as well, just in case.
K.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:02 PM
CarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud of
anybody know if the version 3 fabspeed exhaust is doable on a tiptronic?
I keep reading version 2 is for a tip, is it really a big deal?

Old 10-26-2010, 08:06 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I think the v3 drone will be unbearable with a tip, go version 2.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:37 PM
BostonRocket is infamous around these parts
I got the CEL today, but it went away after about 50 miles.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:24 AM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
I've had no CEL on my Fabspeed performance system since the installation- over two years now. My is tip.
The exhaust on turbo cars play very important part ,so the proper installation and good pipe alignment without any leaks it's a must.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:32 AM
CarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud of
Do you have version 3 on a tip?
My concern is version 3. About to purchase at a decent price.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Former Vendor
Chris@Fabspeed is infamous around these parts
We have people asking all the time about V3's on a Tip but most times its too loud. It really depends on your definition of "loud" I guess

Old 10-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Can I reduce the sound by changing a piece? (cats, pipe etc)
Is it the bad "loud" or the good "loud". lol

Old 10-27-2010, 06:31 AM
any sound clips of ver3 on a tip?

Old 10-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Former Vendor
If you check out our site under the 997TT section, there are some sound clips of each exhaust but no V3's on a Tip, just regular clips. I think the V3 sounds great anyway and I don't think it would be bad on a tip but again, it depends on what you think is too loud. If you're not sure its better to just get the quiet version. If you have our HJS cats, thats as quiet as it would get and catbypass would be even louder yet.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 AM
☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JoeS@Fabspeed
We have people asking all the time about V3's on a Tip but most times its too loud. It really depends on your definition of "loud" I guess
If you check out our site under the 997TT section, there are some sound clips of each exhaust but no V3's on a Tip, just regular clips. I think the V3 sounds great anyway and I don't think it would be bad on a tip but again, it depends on what you think is too loud. If you're not sure its better to just get the quiet version. If you have our HJS cats, thats as quiet as it would get and catbypass would be even louder yet.
Hi Joe. Decibel level is all well and good, that is subjective like you said. What about the issue with the CEL as is the reason for this thread?

Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Former Vendor
It could really be afew things. Bad cats is possible but its very rare w/ the 200cell HJS's we use with our systems. Sometimes on the 09+ cars we recommend O2 spacers, which we make, to get the sensor out of the exhaust stream, this does help sometimes if you have a CEL. Some cars are super sensitive and some aren't, its weird. Getting an ECU might help keep the light off but usually with just our mufflers/cats its not necessary, depends on the power you want to make. IF you're doing our exhaust AND our Maxflo intake then the ECU should be done. Hope that helps

Last edited by Chris@Fabspeed; 10-27-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:19 AM
☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about
It could really be afew things. Bad cats is possible but its very rare w/ the 200cell HJS's we use with our systems. Sometimes on the 09+ cars we recommend O2 spacers, which we make, to get the sensor out of the exhaust stream, this does help sometimes if you have a CEL. Some cars are super sensitive and some aren't, its weird. Getting an ECU might help keep the light off but usually with just our mufflers/cats its not necessary, depends on the power you want to make. IF you're doing our exhaust AND our Maxflo intake then the ECU should be done. Hope that helps
Yes, I believe that is much more informative.

Thanks Joe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: On again Off again CEL - Fabspeed exhaust