997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo Cab and AWE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 07:29 AM
todo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nice
997 Turbo Cab and AWE

Gentlemen/Ladies,
My first post at speed online.... great forum thanks to the mods.
I bought my first Porsche ever, a 2008 Turbo 997 Cab with 1700 miles fully loaded ceramic brakes et all.
What a great time to steal a superb car like this I it replaced my 2006 M6 cab.
I love the car and have it since 2nd of July, the car keeps growing on me but I am disappointed with its sound.
After listening to a number of videos on the net I plan to go forward with AWE exhaust.
My concern is if it is too noisy especially at low rpm's for example when parking in my garage as I do not want to wake the neighbors up.
will appreciate any comments.
Todo.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:50 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
sharp car...congrats...you'll be fine with the exhaust...they do add real power as well...

Old 07-11-2009, 09:45 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Fabspeed sport exhaust v3, and I also drove the AWE 750 car with their exhaust. Between AWE and Fabspeed, the AWE exhaust note is slightly less baritone, but it takes a careful ear to distinguish between the two. Either way, the exhaust note probably won't dissapoint, but they will be much, much louder than stock. I start my car with the garage door closed, then try to carefully back out of the driveway as quietly as possible. I know the neighbors can hear it--I feel bad about it, but it's just not worth going back to stock.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:07 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Try to listen to some of the exhausts if you can. Where in Texas?

Old 07-11-2009, 11:30 AM
todo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nice
Doug,
I am on houston as well...
Maybe I can come to a local meet where I can get to hear the various exhausts.
Ash

Old 07-11-2009, 12:15 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Congrats on the car. Classy color combo.

Last edited by JoeShark; 07-11-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:52 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
welcome Doug! I too have an '08 TT Cab and came from an '07 M6 cab. Congrats!

Old 07-11-2009, 12:52 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
oops...sorry. I meant Todo, not Doug. :-)

Old 07-11-2009, 03:04 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Ash, you need to PM ECLOU he has the full AWE setup, and RSCHOLL also has the AWE. I'm sure they would let you have a listen to their systems. You may also want to look at Tubi, they make a very sweet non-droning system. I have a Ruf, it's a little different but also good. You don't live in Memorial by chance? We were looking for lots last weekend in our Cayenne and I saw a beautiful Gray cab.

Last edited by TT Gasman; 07-11-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:10 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Santa Clause is commming to townnnn

Old 07-11-2009, 03:11 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
congrats and welcome to the forum. very nice ext/int combo; CLASSY! i have the tubi exhaust system with GIAC retune. not very loud @ cold start but starts to sing with increasing rpms! Ruf is in your area; also very nice but i think slightly more $$. good luck; any way you go you will be SMILING! is that your F430! almost got a Scuderia. :0(

Old 07-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Doug,
I live in Bunker Hill village in Memorial, the Car is Malachite Green.
Here is another picture with my 11 year old daughter.
I will contact the other forum members to get a listen.
Thanks for your help.
Niel: The M6 was a great car but this one is divine.
Wyatt H: Funny I thought the same (Santa)... the driver in the first picture is the truck driver who delivered the car. . . there were 3 Ferraris and two Porsche turbos.
997tt: The 430 is not mine I have a deposit in for Ferari California but might cancel.
Ash

Last edited by todo; 07-11-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Sorry I'm pretty color blind greens and grays all look the same to me. I work at Memorial City Hospital, looking to move closer to work, presently in Bellaire. Maybe we'll be neighbors soon if we can ever find a good lot.
Doug

Old 07-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Doug,
Good time to buy property...
Good luck. . . .if I see something I will send you PM.
Ash

Old 07-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Awe

Todo,
Go to the AWE website and they have a sound graph for their exhaust compared to stock. That is INSIDE THE coupe cab and it may be a bit louder inside the convert. cab. I have the AWE exhaust and love it - but it IS a louder than stock but it also depends if you are stepping on it. At low RPMs it's a deep growl (it shouldn't bother your neighbours at low RPMs and I'm a senior with older neighbours) but this turns into a screaming-howling race car sound when you step on it at higher RPMs. Best go to a driving event or your tuner's and listen to some options, at least that's what I did.
The right exhaust is always tricky and very subjective.
Good luck.
K

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo Cab and AWE