997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

888 or RE 11 ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 07:33 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raiyu
Tried all three, MPSC, R888s, and the RE-11s (Current)

The R888s are very noisy, the MPSC are very expensive, great tires, but they also last half as long.

The RE-11 are great. Very communicative on the road, very quiet for everyday driving, and great on the track. Just got back from two days with NNJR-PCA at NJMP Thunderbolt and the tires were great, same performance as MPSC and with great tire wear.

Im sticking with the RE-11s no questions, cant find a single negative to them yet.

I havent test them in heavy rain, but the MPSC and R888s were nothing to brag about in the rain anyway so I can't see the RE-11s being any worse.

RE-11 FTW
This has been pretty much the common response I have been getting from most who have tried several of the top players for Extreme Performance Summer/DOT race tires. The bottom line is that BS has seemed to hit the nail when coming up with a street compound that works well on the track without becoming greasy and loud.

With that said, I was able to get my best times ever around our track on the RE-11. These are the ones I would buy as well.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 07-18-2009, 09:17 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I just ordered some RE11s from TR, my cups are toast after Pocono today.
Raiyu, there was a very wicked twin of your car there, it was bad to the bone.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:24 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Any news after some time you guys use those tyres ???

Is RE11 really the best of both worlds tyre now ???

How does it hook up compared to 888 when not hot, from 0 ???

Old 08-04-2009, 02:34 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
To be honest I think in terms of performance in the dry all three tires:
R888s
MPSC
RE-11s
Are about the same. The differences between them on the track is marginal.

As for how long it takes to get them hot really depends on the temperature at the track etc, but at Watkins Glen usually 1.5-2 laps is enough to get them hot.

As mine are about 50% through their life I can say that they havent gotten overly greasy, they are wearing very well, have a great sidewall for cornering forces, and are also better than the R888s and the MSPC in the rain (for highway driving).

If they werent $700 cheaper I would still prefer them over the MPSC because they seem to last longer. I've done about 7 days on mine so far, probably 5 full track days (had some rain a few of the days) and they are still looking good. I think I should be able to get another 5ish days out of them at the track.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Thanks...

Sounds good but how sticky they are compared to 888 when cold ??? I heard 888 is very sticky even when not warmed up...

I need a lot of traction from the start...800+ HP...

Old 08-05-2009, 10:17 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
No tires are sticky when cold. And performance tires like the cups, R888s, and re-11s, are more temperature sensitive.

I also do not do any straight line runs so I have no idea, when Im referring to stickiness its about lateral forces in turns.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Ok.....so u like the better overall then any other tyre u used...need to ge them

Old 08-13-2009, 02:57 PM
How are they runing now...everyone happy ???

Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 AM
5,000 miles on mine with about half of that being track miles, ZERO complaints!

Heading to the Glen this weekend and next weekend and I'll have enough tire for both events.

No problems on the street either, still a quiet tire overall, good performance, and I havent had any hydroplaning situations in the rain, though it hasnt rained much yet.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Sounds great...defibately tyre to get....