997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

good wax and quick detail spray

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 07:49 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
I use mostly Griots products. But I like P21s wax more than the Griots purple stuff. Lot's of good products out there, make sure you use proper techniques...

Old 07-20-2009, 08:14 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Plexus for the 3M clear and tint, its an amazing product!
Zymol Glasuer for Black Pcar paint.
I have used most of the quick detailers and find all to be about the same, it depends on the amount of gloss you are looking for.
Here is a big hint, the more you touch your paint the more swirling you will have.
I try not to touch it and it looks awesome!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Like many detail nuts out there, I've tried a ton of detailing products over the years. There are two recent standouts in my collection.. Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax and Adam's Detail Spray.

For a spray wax, Ultimate Quik Wax is excellent.. it's applies easily, looks great and lasts. It beads really well, even after a rainstorm or two and multiple washes. I've only used it as a topper (there's a base coat of another sealant underneath it), but it can be used as a stand-alone product. It's nearly as good as Zaino Z8, but half the money. Of course, any wax/sealant's performance is limited by the paint's condition. The better the prep (cleaning, polishing, etc.), the better the results. Meguiar's also makes UQDetailer.. it's a good QD, but not great, IMO.

Other favorite sealants: DuraGloss AquaWax (also a spray and durable). As a base coat, lately I've used either Zaino Z-AIO (it's also a paint cleaner) or Jeff's Werkstat Acrylic Jet (no cleaning ability).
Favorite Carnauba Waxes (nice for dark colors): I like Collinite #845.. inexpensive, looks good and durable. More expensive stuff.. Pinnacle Souveran or P21S.

Over to detail sprays.. I just bought Adam's Detail Spray - it's as good as people say. It's great on glass and paint - super slick, no streaks and it cleans well (removes bugs pretty easily, too). It also smells pretty good, like bubble gum. It's not a cheap QD, but it's good stuff.

Other QD favorites.. Clearkote Quik-Shine, Finish Kare #425 and, for an over-the-counter product, Mother's Showtime.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of