997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

LED Lights Installed on a White 997 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
ukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to behold
Any more pictures of the white Techart car Dan.

Looks sick!!

Old 10-22-2010, 03:36 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
What happend with those LEDs? Did you solved the problem?

Old 10-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
So funny, we were just outside with my car putting in LED side marker bulbs. We no the issue. Will have a resolution shortly.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:41 PM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
Looking forward for the solution Dan

Old 10-22-2010, 03:44 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
me to, i'll send mine as soon as you have it fixed

Old 10-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Will have a LED light package together next week for the exterior and interior Here are the side markers

And if you want to get pulled over -
Blue

Red

Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
How much for the pair of side markers or do they only come as a kit? Do they give you a "bulb out" warning on the dash? I might be interested.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:45 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Im running the Hoen sidemarkers, amber in the bumperplugs clear markers, no warning lights, less heat than the stock bulbs. Pretty much the same bulb as the front city light but amber vs. white. They dont require inline resistors, plug and play.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
Im running the Hoen sidemarkers, amber in the bumperplugs clear markers, no warning lights, less heat than the stock bulbs. Pretty much the same bulb as the front city light but amber vs. white. They dont require inline resistors, plug and play.
Yep, the LED lights on the side markers will not give you an error code. Some LED's are brighter than others so make sure you get the one you want

Edwin

Old 10-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Yep, the LED lights on the side markers will not give you an error code. Some LED's are brighter than others so make sure you get the one you want

Edwin
That depends on which LED light you put in. The one in the picture above did actually cause a warning light. Maybe not on your 996TT, but on the 997TT it did. I have another style I will try today.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
That depends on which LED light you put in. The one in the picture above did actually cause a warning light. Maybe not on your 996TT, but on the 997TT it did. I have another style I will try today.
Interesting... Although I've never had led wedge bulbs throw an error code, this is good to know.

Edwin

Old 10-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor
Hence why I did not respond yet Anything LED seems to hate the 997TT with codes.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
Just tried another bulb, error again. LED + 997TT = hate.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:49 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Pretty much all exterior bulbs on the 997 cars are monitored with that silly bulb out warning. I think sometimes it does more harm than good, I have a rear brake light bulb that lasts 6 months max, so weird.

996 cars did not have a system, I think its only applied to the low beam and fog lights for 'safety' while on the 997 they expanded it.

I must have tried 10 different LED W5W bulbs from different sources from 1w to 3w high powered, ebay, superbrightled, you name it. All tossed the code. Only the Hoens did not because they say they use a 2.7w tiny resistor built on to the led bulb heat sink which is enough to satisfy the system while allowing the LED to run cooler than stock. You may want to get with those guys in solving the problem with the white led bar conversion as with that solved that product will be a hot seller.

I think its a shame we cant turn off the warning system with a PIWIS or whatever tool the dealer has.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor
The bulbs I have are the same as these http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...rake-turn.html. Everyone gets them from Chi Town. I think there is a resistor available, but last thing I want to do is wire in a resistor in my side markers. I just put white bulbs in from AutoZone for $3.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Lights Installed on a White 997 TT