997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

LED Lights Installed on a White 997 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 03:12 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gmoney
only the hoens did not because they say they use a 2.7w tiny resistor built on to the led bulb heat sink which is enough to satisfy the system while allowing the led to run cooler than stock. You may want to get with those guys in solving the problem with the white led bar conversion as with that solved that product will be a hot seller.
+1!!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I just ordered some resistors to hopefully fix my front LED issue.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:28 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
fair warning, if your talking about those gold colored inline type they are not waterproof. Dont even ask how I know that!

Old 10-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
You went fishing in the Porsche and forgot to take off your water trunks?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:47 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
luckily it was two cars ago.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:19 PM
AlpineInc is infamous around these parts
I love the DRL on the 997, hopefully someone will come out with a complete kit for the front & rear.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:10 PM
I think the vivid racing bar approach is much more meaner looking than the 997.2 TT design...just my .02

Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor
Give me some time guys, I want these back on my car with no warning light issues too! I am also going to build a harness so they are connected to switch power so they are true DRL, not turn your lights to the on position type.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 PM
that may be the best approach, wire into the fuse box, there are unused sectors that turn on with the ignition (like what I used for the radar install). That way you dont worry about bulb out warnings and it turns on with the car. The low voltage should be fine, stick a nominal fuse in its place and your golden.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
Got ours working with no light. *Headed to the office to pick up others to make sure it works again. *Going to build a switch harness so they act like DRL not just on when lights are on. *More info and pics coming soon. *On my iPhone sorry for short post.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:33 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
I havent find a solution yet for the warning light !

Old 11-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor
I found the solution and will send you what you need. PM me and will talk Monday. Goes for Salih in Turkey too!

Old 11-20-2010, 12:23 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Excellent news!

Old 11-20-2010, 12:48 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Thanks VR I will PM

Old 11-20-2010, 01:04 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Dan, can I have please side led bulbs as I already have front?

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Lights Installed on a White 997 TT