997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
slammedM is infamous around these parts
i will forward to my buddy who is looking for chip
what is the price?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:11 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
I outside of Softronic am very passionate about this product and have my own personal guarantees. But you have to be realistic about what can be controlled in not. Our facts on the product is right, this is not hype, this is reality. Your topics are great discussion.

Others, PM sent.
Will it be possible to actually get me a revised version for my car? i know it needs to be modified.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
KA - you are number 1 priority for custom tune once the software launches.

Neil and others. The process is the same for flash loading like on the 996TT - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...?cID=10&pID=64

Old 08-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Neil - here is a old dyno I found of a non flashed car. The dotted is bone stock 6spd 91 octane on a Mustang AWD dyno. The solid is with an exhaust and sport mode. You can see that the with the sport mode on, it shot up tremendously to make a large difference in torque. It then tapered off from the boost and EGTs at the top with horsepower.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:05 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
KA - you are number 1 priority for custom tune once the software launches.

Neil and others. The process is the same for flash loading like on the 996TT - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...?cID=10&pID=64
I like the idea

Old 08-12-2009, 08:21 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
I have been waiting for this! Only one problem, I am in Virginia. Are there any shops in my region that will offer this in the near future?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by ZZinger
I have been waiting for this! Only one problem, I am in Virginia. Are there any shops in my region that will offer this in the near future?
You would not need a shop, that's the idea. Get on the server, use the plug, download the file, upload to your ECU...

Old 08-12-2009, 08:39 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
Dan mails you the cable to download your current file from your car to your windows-based laptop. This cable connects your laptop the the OBD port in your car.

Then email that file to Softronic. Within 24hrs, you will receive the new file from Softronic. Hook up your laptop again to your ODB port and flash the ECU with the new file. Done.

Per Dan, this service should be available in a week or so. He will post when it's ready to go.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor
ZZinger - exactly as they say above. You dont need a shop. You can do this flash at midnight in your underwear standing in the garage with a Corona

Watch the video and instructions here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...?cID=10&pID=64

Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
Thanks for the information. Sounds like an easy process.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:53 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,

The number of flashes is only indexed by Porsche when writing a file and most tuners have worked around this.
There is no flash that would be totally undetectable period. Why? Well I should know since I'm the person looking at them for many racing organizations and Porsche is one of them. The flash in the non DFI cars resides in a 29F800 chip in this case and can be read out. What I do as part of a check is pull a random binary section of the file. Now should this sample not align with its given Porsche coded file it is a Tuned file. We and Porsche can fully pull the entire chip as a read over the OBD2 port if desired and check it. ALL aftermarket tunes will have to in one way or another alter this file and it is detectable. We also pull all other data from the DME such as Over revs, file programming stamps,VIN, programming ops, version coding, long and short software numbers and much more.

That guarantee would be hard to offer as we cant control what is done to the DME outside of our control. Perhaps you then decided to use trial software and then didn't want it or replaced the DME with another that we did not flash , had two DME's and put the wrong one in etc.

The term running AS stock would be considered any switchable flash.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson
Thanks for the detailed response but I must admit some of that was way over my head. Keeping it simple, are you claiming that your software is 100% undetectable by any means whatsoever once the original file is rewritten?

Old 08-13-2009, 12:40 AM
WTT997 is infamous around these parts
Definitely not the first in the world..

It has gotten rid much of the hassle of taking in/out the ecu and straining your back..

Name:  ecu tuning.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  28.7 KB

Name:  ecu tuning_1.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  28.7 KB

Old 08-13-2009, 12:45 AM
WTT997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Thanks for the detailed response but I must admit some of that was way over my head. Keeping it simple, are you claiming that your software is 100% undetectable by any means whatsoever once the original file is rewritten?
Its undetectable once the map is re-written to standard map, well at least in my case. The beauty of this is being able to run as many maps as you require in the customization, without taking out the ecu from the rear. Its that Simple!

Keep it up Dan, it will save you hell lots of time.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:41 AM
tclayj is infamous around these parts
Thats nice. APR uses a Direct Port Programming Bosch Motronic Engine Management System, enhanced modular chipping, which is activated via the OEM cruise control. It captures 30 variables @ 22 Hz/sec. Included is program switching, fault code erase/throttle body alignment, security lock out, antitheft, free updates and a lifetime warranty. There codes are encrypted. Took my 997tt to the dealer, set the program to stock when I arrived at drop off and changed back to 93 octane when I started my car following the service. No dealer issues

Old 08-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
WTT997 - Thank you for the comments and sharing. I am interested to learn what you are using. PM me. Softronic is the first in the world for what they are doing on a technical basis.

Alot of programs like the one mentioned above do not truly restore the original file that is keyed to the car. It puts a stock map back on, but not the "original". As the above stated, we dont know what was done by the dealer or even if they hooked up the PIWIS tool to investigate. Unlike some companies, Softronic does not tune on a Global scale. They tune each individual lambda and timing tables. Some tune on a global scale because they do not have the ability to precision tune like Softronic. Many of these features listed above are standard adaptation or can be done with a $300 Durametric tool.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????