997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
There are a couple units available that can flash through the port yet they are for Tuners etc and not for the end user. We allow the customer or end user to flash back and forth without any tuning knowledge. Softronic already provides tunes that go more in depth then the standard accessible files in these units. These also only pull the 128K map section while we will pull the entire 1 meg. All cables , software and and tuning is provided as part of the standard price.

We can also do the same to the DFI cars . These though are 2 meg files.

Best Regards,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 08-14-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:56 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
.... no issues with Warranty!
Originally Posted by WTT997
Its undetectable once the map is re-written to standard map, well at least in my case. The beauty of this is being able to run as many maps as you require in the customization, without taking out the ecu from the rear. Its that Simple!

Keep it up Dan, it will save you hell lots of time.
Thanks for the reply but I wanted to hear from Vivid or Softronics in simple terms: Is the software is 100% undetectable by any means whatsoever once the original file is rewritten?

The claims and responses are a bit confusing. I have always believed that once you modify your ECU, you put your warranty in jeopardy. Please correct me if I am misinformed.

Last edited by sparkhill; 08-13-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
If you go to the dealer with the tuned file on your car and they connect the PIWIS, they will see an alteration. If you use the Softronic Flash Cable/Client and put your true vin coded original file back in the car and go to the dealer, it is NOT DETECTABLE.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Here are some screen shots of the new Version 3.0 during the reading process in which your file is read out and sent to the Softronic servers.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:07 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !

sorry, could not resist

Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor
I dont get it? If it is not something directly related to Softronic, lets try to keep it out.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
I believe the above post to be an attempt of humor that what happens if the computer crashes during programming. This would be a ruined DME if you had your car at any Porsche Dealer or other facilities. Then again you could be hit by lightning while programming. The good news is that Softronic's software is made so that it will recover and start at the point the software was stopped.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 08-13-2009, 02:59 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Exactly, everyone lighten up . Those who have tried to install a Creative Labs X-Fi under Vista 64 will get it.

It probably brought up a solid concern though which Scott addressed, you allow customers to use their own laptops and its a total possibility.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by gmoney
Exactly, everyone lighten up . Those who have tried to install a Creative Labs X-Fi under Vista 64 will get it.

It probably brought up a solid concern though which Scott addressed, you allow customers to use their own laptops and its a total possibility.

Hello,

No worries as it was a good sort of question .

P.S. we are 64 and 32 bit compatible.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 08-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor
I have personally goofed a ECU because of a screensaver coming on...

Old 08-13-2009, 07:19 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Dan, another question. I believe you stated the softronic tune turns off the O2 sensor and CEL, if I read correctly please explain why and could this cause any problems. If I read incorrectly please let me know. Thanks.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by tblountman
Dan, another question. I believe you stated the softronic tune turns off the O2 sensor and CEL, if I read correctly please explain why and could this cause any problems. If I read incorrectly please let me know. Thanks.

Hello,

Softronic does not turn off the O2 sensors or CEL. The parameters have been changed for the O2 sensors along with many more to the maps.

Best,
Scott

Old 08-14-2009, 08:22 AM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks. I eagerly await it's release. I know someone out there has a tiptronic ecu tune and I wonder since you guys have the ablility to do port mapping now, do you think the transmission tune could be done this way as well.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by tblountman
Thanks. I eagerly await it's release. I know someone out there has a tiptronic ecu tune and I wonder since you guys have the ablility to do port mapping now, do you think the transmission tune could be done this way as well.
Normally the Tip control unit is not programmable via the port as the architecture is not there for it. Some changes can be done yet they are basic resetting etc of the unit. Softronic is working on some programming though for these units, perhaps in a different fashion .

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor
I saw someone replied about "turning off" the 02 sensors so you do not have a check engine light. The 02 is not turned off, rather the limits are raised.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????