997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I just got done testing it out and it worked flawlessly

Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Good to know since my little present to myself will be here tomorrow. Thanks for the great service. Looking forward to a little more giddyup soon.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:18 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porsche Boy
Would it be possible if there were to be a 95 or 96 octane tune available for the middle east? I ask because I believe with a higher octane tune the timing can be further increased resulting in more power.
In some places, depending on the country, you can get 98 Octane which is about 93 here... As Dan mentioned the better the fuel the better your car will run.

I look forward to hearing some results...

Old 08-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Yes agreed. I am still trying to find out if our 98 octane here in Dubai is Ron. No one seems to know.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
You have 98 ron which is 93 octane - http://www.adnoc-dist.ae/eplus/TechnicalInfo.aspx

Old 08-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vividracing
You have 98 ron which is 93 octane - http://www.adnoc-dist.ae/eplus/TechnicalInfo.aspx

That was fast. Thanks Dan.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
They call me lightning! Now make the right decision and go with the better software.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor
Just an update for those that are following. We are working on finalizing the flashing capability with the standard client cables. I was able today to do a read out again on my car then flash it with the tuned file. Softronic is working hard at this so stay tuned!

Last edited by vividracing; 02-03-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:53 PM
TD997TT is infamous around these parts
Softronic ready for 997TT?

I happen to have called Softronic today to inquire about their product ... they called me back and said that the cable is ready for OBD flashing on 997TT. Have you heard the same thing?

Is this something that a typical customer should feel comfortable doing themselves or is it much better just to take it to a dealer?

Old 08-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Former Vendor
We are still in a "pre-release" period. The cable we have just confirmed ready. So tomorrow we will do another test and if so, will do a launch. The installation of loading the file is VERY easy.

Last edited by vividracing; 02-03-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:42 PM
alan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of light
Dan count me in!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
Alan. Great! Give me a ring.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Softronic is not the only tuner and not the first tuner to be able to flash through the OBDII port in a Porsche. Not to say that there is anything wrong with Softronics software, but I personally flashed a 997 Turbo throught the OBDII 2 years and 3 months ago with another well known company in the VAG industry.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor
Do you feel better now that you jumped in a 5 page thread to say that?

There are many other tuners worldwide flashing through the OBDII port using an additional $1200 tool like you saw on page 1 from another user. The big difference here is what Softronic is able to do with read and tuning. Softronic reads out not just a portion of the file, they read out the entire file. Softronic also gives you the complete original file so you can flash it back to stock. Nobody else is giving you a true original. Also other tuners like the one your probably mentioning are not making each individual change to the lambda and timing tables. They are doing a GLOBAL change. There are many other firsts and differences.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
No need to get all defensive we are on the same team. I was just stating a fact that Softronic is not the only one and was not the first as you clearly stated in your first post. And I didn't mean to jump in 5 pages after but I just came across it thought that the enthusiasts on here should know the truth. Like I said before, I have nothing against softronic, I have heard good things about them just haven't had the priveledge of using them. I'm not sure if we are talking about the same company I'm thinking about but if we are then you would know they have all the same capabilities that you just mentioned above. But this is thread is not about the company you/I are now talking about its about Softronic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????