997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Just for the record there is no other aftermarket company that I'm aware of that flashes through the port and allows any end user to do so. The few companies that flash through the port require the customer to go to one of their dealers and have it flashed. Now should the customer want to flash the car to its original OEM flash then they would have to go back to that dealer if it is available and have it done again and so on.

Softronic is also stating this for the Porsche DFI cars as the technology is requiring other companies have the DME sent to them for flashing or removed yet we can read and write through the port.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 08-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Softronic, I would like to discuss this further, you bring up some good points that I would like to compare to what we have to offer through another tuner but this is a Softronic thread. Do you mind sending me an email? It's in my signature. I would like to reiterate as I'm from CT before relocating to Charlotte Area so I have definately heard about you guys in the VAG world and they have all been positive.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
GMP , I sent you an email and perhaps we can keep the topic on course now...

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 08-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Version 3.0 is now available to download.

Last edited by vividracing; 02-03-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
First Customer Review is up - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lay-power.html

Taking orders now

Old 08-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor
OFFICIALLY RELEASED - Check Classifieds for Price.

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Georgia]After months of testing, programming, and engineering, has become the first tuner to give customers the ability to flash their ECU in the Porsche 997 Turbo via the OBDII port. This release of the Version 3.0 software comes after 2 years of having to do it the old fashion way, bench flashing. With a change in technology, the new 997 Turbo was not able to be flashed like the older 996 Turbo via the OBDII port. However, has raised the bar and change all that with this release. This is a first in many ways for the Porsche Tuning community. The ECU Flash is total process of about 30 mins. Once completed, your car will gain nearly 60 horsepower and 55 ft/lbs of torque. All Tuning is based off the factory knock and oxygen sensors to ensure safe, accurate, and reliable power added. With this new OBDII ECU Flash capability, there is no downtime, altering the main ECU box, or inconsistencies from poor coding or tools.

This product is available for immediate purchase. Get more information by visiting our www.vividracing.com

Last edited by vividracing; 02-03-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:39 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Dan,
I would have cleaned my garage floor if I would have known you were going to expand my pictures to show every detail. Folks this is really as easy as it sounds. I am not associated with these guys just a very satisfied customer.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor
Glad your satisfied. Hope the car continues to be fun! Now for the important question, how many Dr. Pepper's do you have a day

Old 08-28-2009, 05:55 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Funny thing is I have been trying to give that thing away for a long time. I just never use it and it is full of soft drinks and beer.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor
Grab a beer, call me, order the wheels

Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor
We just sent out 3 more cables to customers, so hopefully will have some more reviews shortly.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:07 AM
TURBO-PR is infamous around these parts
I'd love to have the flashing but in PR no good tuners or places for removal and install. We have very limited possibilities here for these kind if cars

Old 09-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor
You dont need a tuner or anybody to remove the ECU. All I do is send you a OBDII cable that connects to your laptop and the OBDII port.

Last edited by vividracing; 02-03-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Former Vendor
Just want people to know that the OBDII flashing is working 100% with nothing but success. We offer a very very strong guarantee

Install the flash on your car, if you dont like, FULL Refund. We have a special going on right now for the flash with BRVs and Cable. PM me!

Last edited by vividracing; 02-03-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor
Since the question was asked in PM, the ECU tune is set to run 18psi on sport mode. You dont want to run more then that on the stock turbos for efficiency reasons. Remember this does not require you to remove your ECU for flashing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????