997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????

A little birdy has let me know that in a week or 2 at max, Softronic will be the only company in the world to offer ECU flashing through the OBD II port on the 997 Turbo and the other DFI cars. What does this mean? No more removing your ECU from your car so others can bench flash it. No downtime, instantly tuned car, and no issues with Warranty!

More Details coming soon!

In the meantime, here is my report on the gains from doing the 997TT Flash - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...ext-level.html

Old 08-12-2009, 02:16 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
No issues with warranty??? Correct me if I am wrong, but if Porsche decides to poke through to ECU, they can tell whether or not a car has been flashed, even if it has been returned to stock parameters. There is no ECU flash that keeps your warranty fully intact.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Disagree and Agree. Will have the answer for you shortly.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sparkhill
No issues with warranty??? Correct me if I am wrong, but if Porsche decides to poke through to ECU, they can tell whether or not a car has been flashed, even if it has been returned to stock parameters. There is no ECU flash that keeps your warranty fully intact.

Sorry yet you are incorrect in regards to flashes that run stock parameters and Softronic. Softronic does not run AS stock yet when the car is flashed back to stock or as we call it "Original" it is just that, original.

Now you are correct in that all "Tuned" flashes are detectable and this would include if they are switched to run AS stock or also known as trial software.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 08-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor
When Softronic provides you with the tuned and original file, if you flash back to stock before you go into service, nothing can be detected is what he is saying

Old 08-12-2009, 02:44 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, sounds pretty good, but once you get a chance, aside from what I read in your link, can you guys give us some detailed info on what "AS" stock means, I never heard that term before. Thanks in advance. Also why would/should one choose your software over GIAC, Evoms, etc... just want to be informed and make the best decision, thanks

Old 08-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor
Good question.

First let me say we are launching a new website soon that will interact more with customers on Softronic. This will include our personal satisfaction guarantee and 24/7 support system. Comparing Softronic to others I can say from experience. Softronic can comment from a technical aspect. What I can say is that Softronic has been tuning Porsche longer. They are the one that the race teams go to for Data Checking. Softronic uses Bosch tools, not reverse engineering. The big selling point is they give you the BEST map the first time. No need for race gas maps, stock maps, valet mode, exhaust map, etc. They tune off the knock and O2 sensor. Again the soon release of the DFI and 997TT flashing is another industry first. Many of the fastest cars out there are powered with Softronic tuning.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:54 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Good question.

First let me say we are launching a new website soon that will interact more with customers on Softronic. This will include our personal satisfaction guarantee and 24/7 support system. Comparing Softronic to others I can say from experience. Softronic can comment from a technical aspect. What I can say is that Softronic has been tuning Porsche longer. They are the one that the race teams go to for Data Checking. Softronic uses Bosch tools, not reverse engineering. The big selling point is they give you the BEST map the first time. No need for race gas maps, stock maps, valet mode, exhaust map, etc. They tune off the knock and O2 sensor. Again the soon release of the DFI and 997TT flashing is another industry first. Many of the fastest cars out there are powered with Softronic tuning.
hey thanks for the quick response, super cool of you, I will await the technical info when its available. Almost forgot, what is pricing gonna be like, PM me if you'd like. thanks

Old 08-12-2009, 03:02 PM
ed997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to behold
I am also interested in following the info as it is provided, warranty concerns have kept me away as well

Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
Sorry yet you are incorrect in regards to flashes that run stock parameters and Softronic. Softronic does not run AS stock yet when the car is flashed back to stock or as we call it "Original" it is just that, original.

Now you are correct in that all "Tuned" flashes are detectable and this would include if they are switched to run AS stock or also known as trial software.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson
I understand the difference between the "original" program and the "stock boost" programs. Some tuners use stock boost levels as their "stock" programs. Other tuners do save your original file and can re-flash your ECU with the original program if you wish.

I thought the number of ECU flashes were detectable by Porsche thus sending up a red flag. I have no problem with you or your software. I just do not believe there is a completely undetectable flash that will keep your warranty intact 100% of the time. I just do not think you can claim that the factory warranty will remain intact on a car that has an ECU flash regardless of whether or not the original program has been reinstalled.

Now, if you said, "We guarantee that we will cover any warranty claims denied by PCNA due to ECU modification" then I would be sold. You have a good product, so sell the product not the hype.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sparkhill
I understand the difference between the "original" program and the "stock boost" programs. Some tuners use stock boost levels as their "stock" programs. Other tuners do save your original file and can re-flash your ECU with the original program if you wish.

I thought the number of ECU flashes were detectable by Porsche thus sending up a red flag. I have no problem with you or your software. I just do not believe there is a completely undetectable flash that will keep your warranty intact 100% of the time. I just do not think you can claim that the factory warranty will remain intact on a car that has an ECU flash regardless of whether or not the original program has been reinstalled.

Now, if you said, "We guarantee that we will cover any warranty claims denied by PCNA due to ECU modification" then I would be sold. You have a good product, so sell the product not the hype.
Hello,

The number of flashes is only indexed by Porsche when writing a file and most tuners have worked around this.
There is no flash that would be totally undetectable period. Why? Well I should know since I'm the person looking at them for many racing organizations and Porsche is one of them. The flash in the non DFI cars resides in a 29F800 chip in this case and can be read out. What I do as part of a check is pull a random binary section of the file. Now should this sample not align with its given Porsche coded file it is a Tuned file. We and Porsche can fully pull the entire chip as a read over the OBD2 port if desired and check it. ALL aftermarket tunes will have to in one way or another alter this file and it is detectable. We also pull all other data from the DME such as Over revs, file programming stamps,VIN, programming ops, version coding, long and short software numbers and much more.

That guarantee would be hard to offer as we cant control what is done to the DME outside of our control. Perhaps you then decided to use trial software and then didn't want it or replaced the DME with another that we did not flash , had two DME's and put the wrong one in etc.

The term running AS stock would be considered any switchable flash.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 08-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor
I outside of Softronic am very passionate about this product and have my own personal guarantees. But you have to be realistic about what can be controlled in not. Our facts on the product is right, this is not hype, this is reality. Your topics are great discussion.

Others, PM sent.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:39 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
I'm very interested to find out more about the OBD flashing. Pls let us know when it's available?

Question: How does one get the car flashed without driving it to your shop?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Former Vendor
I cannot post prices in this discussion thread. But the price is no different then what is on our website.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:56 PM
ed997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to behold
thx for pm. will respond when I get this newbie count up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????