997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Six Generations of 911 Turbo Under One Roof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:11 PM
turbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud of
Six Generations of 911 Turbo Under One Roof

Just spent a week in Germany and had a chance to visit the new Porsche museum on Porscheplatz across the street from the factory in Stuttgart. Absolutely awesome. Had to go twice. And where else can you see the entire 911 Turbo family tree in one spot? The first model was displayed separately along with other models from the '70's and then the next five generations were displayed in a special section of the museum on rotating platforms. Very cool! Some pictures are attached. There was an example of nearly every model dating back to 356 #1, some models that never were, and others dating back to Ferdinand Porsche's pre-war days. What a trip through Porsche history. Lot's of racing history, a 959, a GT1, etc., etc. etc.

It seemed like every third car on the street around that part of Stuttgart was a Porsche of some sort. Even saw a couple of Panameras on the street and watched a brand new black GT3 come out of the back end of the factory with the shipping wrap on it. Also visited the flagship dealership right there at Porscheplatz too. Two stories of eye candy. I had a smile on my face for two days.

If you get the chance to go, I highly recommend it.

Attached Images      
Old 08-16-2009, 03:31 PM
bond is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbojohn54
Just spent a week in Germany and had a chance to visit the new Porsche museum on Porscheplatz across the street from the factory in Stuttgart. Absolutely awesome. Had to go twice. And where else can you see the entire 911 Turbo family tree in one spot? The first model was displayed separately along with other models from the '70's and then the next five generations were displayed in a special section of the museum on rotating platforms. Very cool! Some pictures are attached. There was an example of nearly every model dating back to 356 #1, some models that never were, and others dating back to Ferdinand Porsche's pre-war days. What a trip through Porsche history. Lot's of racing history, a 959, a GT1, etc., etc. etc.

It seemed like every third car on the street around that part of Stuttgart was a Porsche of some sort. Even saw a couple of Panameras on the street and watched a brand new black GT3 come out of the back end of the factory with the shipping wrap on it. Also visited the flagship dealership right there at Porscheplatz too. Two stories of eye candy. I had a smile on my face for two days.

If you get the chance to go, I highly recommend it.
Nice +1

Old 08-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Boxer6Fan is infamous around these parts
Awesome. Its on my to do list for sure.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Rex0071% is infamous around these parts
I was there in 2006, the one they had then was a tiny room at the back of the factory.. plenty of visitors but the display absol sucked....they had just started to build the new one when we were there... i remember a huge dealership across the road, it had a CGT in it plus plenty of 911's.. good to see they have got there act together....the mec Benz musuem rocked......!!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
looks like fun

Old 08-20-2009, 04:16 PM
turbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud of
All the people I met in Zuffenhausen associated with Porsche were very friendly, very knowledgeable, and very proud of their company. More than one mentioned the "Porsche Way". Overall, my visit very much renewed my enthusiam about being a Porsche owner.

On the morning of my second day there I was wandering around the service area at Porsche Zentrum Stuttgart waiting for the museum across the street to open (again!) and I met an older gentleman who was hanging around waiting for his '07 Carrera 4S to have an oil change. We got to talking and it turns out he was 85 years old and this is his ninth Porsche! I would have sworn the guy wasn't a day over 60. He was still talking about all the women who want to ride in his car. It just proves owning a Porsche keeps you young. When he left, he drove it like he stole it.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
thanks for the pics.. it's on my bucket list..

Old 08-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Here's a few more pics.

Attached Images      
Old 08-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Turbojohn54,

Thanks for sharing those pictures. That museum is absolutely beautiful. I loved the turbo display...looks like they haven't swapped any of the car's out yet.

Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 08-21-2009, 03:44 PM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing! The 959 and GT1 look awesome!

Old 08-21-2009, 03:52 PM
[quote=Rhonda@FVD;2510213]Turbojohn54,

Thanks for sharing those pictures. That museum is absolutely beautiful. I loved the turbo display...looks like they haven't swapped any of the car's out yet.

It was my pleasure. I hope to get back there every couple of years and see what's new. Supposedly they are always moving cars in and out of there, so it should always stay fresh. But the Turbo display needs to stay right where it is as far as I'm concerned!

Old 08-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by czechchamp
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing! The 959 and GT1 look awesome!
No problem. Yeah, that little stretch of the museum had a GT1, a 959, and a Carrera GT. I think that was right after seeing maybe a dozen LeMan's racing cars all lined up in a row. Definitely sensory overload. There was something exciting around every corner.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Thanks for sharing, looks like an awesome display and something everyone who owns and Porsche should take in sometime in their life.