997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

15th and 16th track day of the year (+photos)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:22 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
15th and 16th track day of the year (+photos)

Spent the weekend at Watkins Glen, heading back next weekend with Metro PCA.

Many thanks to dan@vividracing for keeping me stock up on pads, rotors, wheels, suspension bits, and the wing, no I didnt notice a difference with downforce, but I think it looks bad@ss

Attached Images      
Old 08-16-2009, 10:23 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
5 more

Attached Images      
Old 08-16-2009, 10:32 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
great pics! thanks for sharing these. Is it me or does your rears seem lower than your fronts?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
car looks stunning!

Old 08-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by NeilM
great pics! thanks for sharing these. Is it me or does your rears seem lower than your fronts?
On the brakes or on the gas, usually on the gas, so the rear end tucks in

Originally Posted by Pistol
car looks stunning!
Thank you, got a car wash the morning before I headed out, although up close the car was covered in bugs

Old 08-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
show us more interior pics. just picked up cobra suzukas and love the red inserts u have...thinking about getting blue or yellow for my seats!

Old 08-16-2009, 11:13 PM

This is the only pic I have of the interior, the red inserts look great and the seats are a great compromise for track + street duty.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:45 AM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Very nice. I've done 13 days YTD and am headed to the Glen on Sunday for 2 days with Audi Club on Monday-Tuesday (registration closes today, you should add on 2 more days since you're going to be there anyway!).

Old 08-17-2009, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by brownan
Very nice. I've done 13 days YTD and am headed to the Glen on Sunday for 2 days with Audi Club on Monday-Tuesday (registration closes today, you should add on 2 more days since you're going to be there anyway!).
lol, 3 days is my limit cant do any more than that back to back =)

Old 08-17-2009, 07:21 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Nice shots, is it me or are you getting a lot of body roll?
Let me ck out your wing on Friday.
c

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 08-17-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I think it may be all of the elevation changes and banking, doesn't feel like too much body roll from the inside on flatter tracks.

Certainly a lot less than a stock turbo

Old 08-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Almost forgot to mention that all photography was done by Jesse
http://www.jessesimmersphoto.com/

Really cool kid, he got a bunch of me and my dad's Cayman S, so if you are doing a track day on the north east and want to get some photography done shoot him an email.

He'll provide you with a CD and huge RES photos.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
How good were those 2pc Brembo rotors again

Old 08-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by vividracing
How good were those 2pc Brembo rotors again
Car stops like a freight train!

I also replaced my brake fluid it was just out of this world. On the smaller straights Im braking later, now I just need to work up my confidence on the bigger ones

Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 AM
tipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud of
great shots!