997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2nd round of lighting mods: fogs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:58 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
wow, nice, and detailed info....

Old 10-31-2009, 07:05 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
What are the pink and black wires attached to in the black plastic housing?
The pink and black wires to into the black plastic housing...at the base, they leave the plastic housing through a small opening out the side, where a coupling interface attaches to the wiring of the car to supply power.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:23 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
The pink and black wires to into the black plastic housing...at the base, they leave the plastic housing through a small opening out the side, where a coupling interface attaches to the wiring of the car to supply power.
Thanks. But I should have been more specific. I need to know what the end of the wires actually look like in addition to this 'coupling interface' as the wires on my fogs were cut and stripped of insulation (not by me). The 'coupling interface' is absent and would like to know what it looks like so I know exactly what I need to replace. Thanks again.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:55 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Thanks. But I should have been more specific. I need to know what the end of the wires actually look like in addition to this 'coupling interface' as the wires on my fogs were cut and stripped of insulation (not by me). The 'coupling interface' is absent and would like to know what it looks like so I know exactly what I need to replace. Thanks again.
I'll try and get a photo of it to you this weekend...

- bob

Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
I'll try and get a photo of it to you this weekend...

- bob
Thanks Bob!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:11 AM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
FYI - I just installed the xenon-match fogs. Look great, much better quality of light than stock.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
I have the same bulbs in my fogs and love them. Yours look great too!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:51 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Really cool. Thanks for the detailed post.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:52 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shawminator
FYI - I just installed the xenon-match fogs. Look great, much better quality of light than stock.
Ahhhh man I just got these (butnot installed yet) can you please post a few front pics with the heads on and the fogs on together...thanks!

Old 11-02-2009, 09:25 PM
I hope this helps...

Attached Images    
Old 11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I hope this helps...
It does! Thank you! Are the wires/connection at the bottom of the housing and housing itself one piece or do they come apart?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 PM
It does! Thank you! Are the wires/connection at the bottom of the housing and housing itself one piece or do they come apart?
Pretty much one piece, although the two wires are coupled together with a grey connector at the bottom. Did someone try and rig up a HID system and strip the wires?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Pretty much one piece, although the two wires are coupled together with a grey connector at the bottom. Did someone try and rig up a HID system and strip the wires?
So the grey connector does not separate from the black housing?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:35 PM
So the grey connector does not separate from the black housing?
The grey connector may come out, but my fingers are too chubby to push the tabs in.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:36 PM
The grey connector may come out, but my fingers are too chubby to push the tabs in.
LOL
Now I just need to find out if this assembly is sold in parts or only as a whole unit. Thanks bbywu!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2nd round of lighting mods: fogs