997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

SPI 997 GT2 P800 vs 3G Dodge Viper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:24 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Nasty beatdown on that Viper. Should be a law against what transpired in that video ouch.

10 psi would give you over 900rwhp on alot of Viper. Also for the guy questioning reliability they are very reliable at 1300rwhp just read up. This is a 3rd gen Viper that makes 510hp crank bonestock. Which is around 450-460rwhp. This one made 535 crank hp. Sounds like just exhaust mod only. Very mild Viper that got raped. Id be highly upset at SPI if a Viper of this calibur hung around this Porsche. Even a stock 08 545"rwhp" bonestocker would have lost badly to this Porsche.

Heres what a Viper with only 14 psi and PUMP GAS does to a TT Gallardo at 26psi, 11xxrwhp on racegas mix. Both these cars would put lenghts on that SPI car no disrespect intended at all. Vipers "old news"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfu88mxScFE&NR=1

Last edited by snakebitten; 08-26-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by snakebitten
Nasty beatdown on that Viper. Should be a law against what transpired in that video ouch.

10 psi would give you over 900rwhp on alot of Viper. Also for the guy questioning reliability they are very reliable at 1300rwhp just read up. This is a 3rd gen Viper that makes 510hp crank bonestock. Which is around 450-460rwhp. This one made 535 crank hp. Sounds like just exhaust mod only. Very mild Viper that got raped. Id be highly upset at SPI if a Viper of this calibur hung around this Porsche. Even a stock 08 545"rwhp" bonestocker would have lost badly to this Porsche.

Heres what a Viper with only 14 psi and PUMP GAS does to a TT Gallardo at 26psi, 11xxrwhp on racegas mix. Both these cars would put lenghts on that SPI car no disrespect intended at all. Vipers "old news"?
Any idea how that Viper is getting any traction?!
My car at only 600rwtq would burn tire at 70mph.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfu88mxScFE&NR=1
We all know that TT vipers r FAST but u r the only person who dunno that vipers reliabilty SUCKS!!!!

fat *** engine plus TT and still getting spanked by 3 liter Supra....WHAT A SHAME!!

Viper made crazy power but still SLOW on 1/4 mile and even in Texas Mile

Old 08-26-2009, 07:40 PM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
In for more vids of that GT2...that's wicked!!

Old 08-26-2009, 07:56 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
We all know that TT vipers r FAST but u r the only person who dunno that vipers reliabilty SUCKS!!!!

fat *** engine plus TT and still getting spanked by 3 liter Supra....WHAT A SHAME!!

Yea, a 3 liter Supra at nearly 40 lbs of boost!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 11:37 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
That is a pure murder

Old 08-27-2009, 01:47 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm having trouble figuring out why that Viper decided to race with his e-brake engaged.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:39 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vrybad
Yea, a 3 liter Supra at nearly 40 lbs of boost!!!
so what?

Old 08-27-2009, 07:43 AM
so what?
Just the facts.
That's what it takes to run those numbers with a 3 liter engine.
Let's see the same level of pressure on a 522ci Viper engine, and I think the results would be different.

I think all the big power cars are cool, just different methods to get it done.
I would venture a guess if some Viper builder really wanted to crush the Mile, it would happen.

I don't understand how it can be said the Viper is slow, when the quickest Viper and Supra are within maybe 2mph and a couple hundredths in the 1/4 mile.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by vrybad
Just the facts.
That's what it takes to run those numbers with a 3 liter engine.
Let's see the same level of pressure on a 522ci Viper engine, and I think the results would be different.

I think all the big power cars are cool, just different methods to get it done.
I would venture a guess if some Viper builder really wanted to crush the Mile, it would happen.

I don't understand how it can be said the Viper is slow, when the quickest Viper and Supra are within maybe 2mph and a couple hundredths in the 1/4 mile.

I think u r viper big fan so i will stop here but before that could u tell us how many hp/tq viper stock bottom end can handle?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I think u r viper big fan so i will stop here but before that could u tell us how many hp/tq viper stock bottom end can handle?

Nope, not a big viper fan.

Are you suggesting the Mile record holders are all running stock bottom ends?

Old 08-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Jeez another viperXsupra war, enough!

I'm sure DK would go up against almost anything if it was in the other lane

Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Jeez another viperXsupra war, enough!

I'm sure DK would go up against almost anything if it was in the other lane

No war here!
I like 'em all, the more power, the better!!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:16 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold

I guess on this forum its the accepted "fact" that TT Vipers have poor reliability if the "We all know" stuff is true. Have you really checked out the majority of guys with TT Vipers before you made that statement? Or are you basing your premise on a few that were "pushing the envelope" and broke driveline parts at a track? You do know that these TT Viper put out around to 1500-1900 lb ft torque not too far off idle right? It makes way more torque from just off idle to redline than any other tuner car Ive ever seen. The guys that run in the 1100-1300rwhp range have very reliable cars. Go to the forums and ask. So the Porsches, Supras, Gallardos that have broken on track while pushing the envelope means they are unreliable using your logic.

As for them being slow in the 1/4? You revealed your supreme bias with this one. Not even worth debunking as most of the guys on here know better then you on that aspect.

Supra has better aero and makes much less torque so its driveline can last in a 1 mile run and it should be a little faster up top as a result of better aero. Try putting out 1500-1900 lb ft of torque just off idle to redline and see how long ANY driveline parts survive. Supra make around 1100lb ft tq and it makes that way up the rev range so its far easier on tranny and rear end than a comparable Viper. They are reliable in the 1100-1300rwhp range. But turn it up higher and that killer torque does nasty things to any drivetrain. Torque kills drivetrains. Once they find a 5th gear that can handle that much torque for that long without breaking you will see a Vipers challenging 250mph. They make more than enough power for that obviously, that is, to the unbiased eye.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Banned
Once they find a 5th gear that can handle that much torque for that long without breaking you will see a Vipers challenging 250mph. They make more than enough power for that obviously, that is, to the unbiased eye.
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla!!!!

Bottomline is the that small 3liter supra made less tq than ur monster and STILL faster than ur viper torque king!!.

If u can't except that fact then it would be better to stop discussion coz u r hijacking the thread.

I will stop here

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPI 997 GT2 P800 vs 3G Dodge Viper