997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help please - 997 TT no start/clutch slave?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:52 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Help please - 997 TT no start/clutch slave?

I seem to recall that some folks have experienced failed clutch slave cylinders (or associated parts) on the TT. I went to start my car today after sitting idle for a week or so and I kept receiving a message to 'depress clutch pedal' and then PSM failure, ABS failure, blah, blah, blah. Just to ensure I was not dealing with a low battery issue, I put the Battery Tender on all day and tried it again this evening - no luck - same assortment of messages. The clutch pedal felt normal until depressing it on the 4th or 5th try when it went almost rock hard...a real effort to push it to the floor...and now another message of needing to take it to a service facility. I really - really hate the notion of having to put it on a truck and take it to the dealer. I have a lift in my garage and would just as well prefer to pay for the part and do it myself inspite of it being under warranty. Any thoughts or confirmation of what might be going on would be appreciated - to include any thoughts on whether this is a DIY repair. I'm an above average wrench, but the TT has required nothing beyond an oil change. Thanks!

Old 08-24-2009, 09:54 PM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
You can check for fluid leaks under the car, usually right behind the front driver's side wheel. Also, check the clutch fluid in the reservoir located next the windshield fluid tank. Just remove the battery cover then the driver side cover, when my slave went the reservoir was empty.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
A leaking clutch hydraulic master/slave shouldn't cause PSM or ABS electronic failures. Any recent mods?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:15 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
997 TT no start..

Thanks for the responses. No leaks and no mods ever. As a first step, I'm going to the dealer today to talk with a technician that was recommended to me by a former colleague of that tech.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Alcyon has a spectacular aura aboutAlcyon has a spectacular aura about
check if there is some leack here. (picture by Cannga)

Attached Images