997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I keep hitting the check control stalk!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
I keep hitting the check control stalk!

The stalk on the lower left side of the steering column. Almost everytime I depress the clutch, I tap the stalk with my left leg and change the display. I've experimented with the seat position (fore/aft, up/down) and the steering column (up/down, telescope in and out). I'm not a giant (6'2), but I need to keep the seat back enough so that my legs aren't crammed into the dash.

Anyone else have this problem or do I just need to fiddle with the controls again to find the right position?

Old 09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
ed997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to behold
keep playing with it. i am also 6'2" and have no problem. i have adaptive seat all the way back and on lowest setting and st wheel a little more than one fist above my leg so it does not block top part of tach.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:38 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ed997tt
keep playing with it. i am also 6'2" and have no problem. i have adaptive seat all the way back and on lowest setting and st wheel a little more than one fist above my leg so it does not block top part of tach.
Seat 'all the way back'? Mine is pretty far back and as it stands, my arms are a bit more extended that I would like. I'd love to able to bring my seat further up so my arms have a nice bend to them; more of a 'racing' position for better control. But that's definitely out as that would make the stalk problem even worse.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
I am 6'3" 240 LBS and never had such issue. make sure you are sitting correctly and you can move the steering wheel up/down or in/out along with the seat and you should be fine.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Have the seat as low as it will go and the column up as far as it will go. As far as the fore/aft seat adjustment and the telescoping column, I try to keep it at a distance as to let my wrist rest on the top of the wheel with the arm fully extended and sitting back in the seat. I'm obviously doing something wrong here as none of you have had any problems. That, or I have freakishly short arms or long legs

Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Have the seat as low as it will go and the column up as far as it will go. As far as the fore/aft seat adjustment and the telescoping column, I try to keep it at a distance as to let my wrist rest on the top of the wheel with the arm fully extended and sitting back in the seat. I'm obviously doing something wrong here as none of you have had any problems. That, or I have freakishly short arms or long legs
i agree... get a new car and call it a day. Glad I can help.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
That's a new one...haven't heard that before. Just break off the damn stalk and call it a day...