997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Low clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 05:05 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Low clutch pedal

Pedal felt soft over the weekend , then went to the floor and wouldn't return up..

Dealer is replacing the clutch servo ( cylinder )on the pedal, I did the tank and the accumulator last year

2008 28k

This part failed fast, I will advise if there is a new part and the # of this one..

Gee-Bee

Old 09-14-2009, 07:08 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Interesting, I had the mystery leak that must have leaked everywhere but my driveway as I never saw a drop anywhere when my clutch would pick up right off the floor. Dealer said he filled it up and that was that.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:25 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
Interesting, I had the mystery leak that must have leaked everywhere but my driveway as I never saw a drop anywhere when my clutch would pick up right off the floor. Dealer said he filled it up and that was that.
I'd be willing to bet that a fair number of us have had a problem with this...I had mine replaced when my car was in Dallas for its conversion...I should have just gotten rid of the slave and deleted it.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:43 AM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
My clutch pedal went to the floor last Oct. with less than 1k miles on the car. Never found any fluid, dealer said there was an internal leak and replaced the slave.

About 1 Month ago, I found clutch fluid on the garage floor. The leak appeared to come from the clutch fluid reservoir area. Dealer said there was a loose clutch line, bled and refilled the fluid. Got the car back, and it's still leaking. But this time, I found that the fluid was being pushed out of the vent hole on the reservoir cover. Took the car back to the dealer and they replaced the slave cylinder again.

Got the car back yesterday and I noticed there's a difference in pedal feel with the new slave. The pedal feels heavier and there's this extra resistance that wasn't there before. The resistance is only there when you clutch in and it's more pronounced if you step on it quicker. If you clutch in real slow then you can't really feel it. And with the car off, the resistance is not there either.

Thought that wasn't normal so took the car back to the dealer right away and showed the tech. But he said Porsche came out with a new replacement part for the slave and that's how it's suppose to feel now. Oh well, we'll see how long this one lasts.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:22 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Cool ?

It was the clutch master cylinder, I had the accumalator and resv tank replaced 11 k miles ago..

All good

Lease up 10/28

Bye Bye