997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pictures & Video of my dog coming to work in my turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:04 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E36-RAT
Dog people.. they are a breed apart thats for sure!
Yes we are.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 09-17-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:17 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
I love dogs, but you must be crazy if you are concerned about this dog's safety and/or happiness.

In some countries, dogs are systematically killed. In the US, strays are put down and some people put down their dogs for relatively small reasons. Some people torture and/or starve their dogs. Then, there's dog fighting.

Dogs flip out the back of pickup trucks. That isn't going to happen here.

If his airbag kills his dog (not likely), you get a new one.

Anyone badmouthing this guy for his personal choices needs to get off the internet and step into the real world.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:24 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
I love dogs, but you must be crazy if you are concerned about this dog's safety and/or happiness.

In some countries, dogs are systematically killed. In the US, strays are put down and some people put down their dogs for relatively small reasons. Some people torture and/or starve their dogs. Then, there's dog fighting.

Dogs flip out the back of pickup trucks. That isn't going to happen here.

If his airbag kills his dog (not likely), you get a new one.

Anyone badmouthing this guy for his personal choices needs to get off the internet and step into the real world.
I think you might have more issues then the one seat Turbo guy. Maybe you guys would have luck in the fast food industry, I really don't want to know what you eat or what other morals/ethics you have to share.

If you die in your car, would your wife assuming you have one just get a "new" one?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:36 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JZRS4
I think you might have more issues then the one seat Turbo guy. Maybe you guys would have luck in the fast food industry, I really don't want to know what you eat or what other morals/ethics you have to share.

If you die in your car, would your wife assuming you have one just get a "new" one?
You're not dealing in reality. I have no tolerance for animal rights nuts.

My dog isn't my wife. Millions of people drive around with their dogs in equally or less safe positions. I'm sure his dog has a better life than millions of dogs too.

You are trying to tell someone else how to live. That isn't right.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:12 PM
SVTHorsnake is infamous around these partsSVTHorsnake is infamous around these parts
too much money, not enough woman skills.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:33 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
You're not dealing in reality. I have no tolerance for animal rights nuts.

My dog isn't my wife. Millions of people drive around with their dogs in equally or less safe positions. I'm sure his dog has a better life than millions of dogs too.

You are trying to tell someone else how to live. That isn't right.
Those "millions" of people which is a gross exaggeration at best often get cited for their brilliance.
If caught you pony up!
I am not the one putting my life on the net, put it up and I judge, if he didn't want opinions he should have asked his wife

I am dealing in reality, animals have rights. If you fail to recognize that then I am sorry for you and the animals in your life.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:44 PM
I said animal rights "nuts". We disagree about where an animal's rights begin and end.

I think a loving owner, air conditioned apartment, exercise, and food is plenty. Worrying about air bags and insisting he have a house is wrong.

Don't feel sorry for the animals in my life. My two yellow labs are treated like kings. An old girlfriend told me I love them more than her..

Old 09-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JZRS4
LOL, anyone supporting this nut job is no different then those that bet on dog fighting, turn a blind eye to a crime they witness.

Everything this guy has done from renting his apartment, to leasing his car, to buying his great dane speaks to his selfishness.
A) When you buy an animal it helps to have a home that is set up for it, don't buy an elephant or horse if you live in a 600sq/ft studio
B) If his IQ was slightly above retardation he would have taken the cash from his turbo and rented a larger apartment for his beloved dog, but he is a baller, so he is willing to sleep in his car with his dog so people think he is important and wealthy.
C) the act of caging a large animal for long periods of time is criminal and a simple call to local authorities would surly end this misery for his dog.
D) removing a seat is against the law and unsafe for your dog. Do one better for us, leave your dog in the car while at work with the windows up so we can end this already!
Drawing a parallel to taking your dog for a ride in the car and spectating dogs forced to fight to the death, brilliant.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:55 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CURI0
Drawing a parallel to taking your dog for a ride in the car and spectating dogs forced to fight to the death, brilliant.
Are you suggesting that dogs, especially ones that are not properly restrained, do not die in cars?

Old 09-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
Are you suggesting that dogs, especially ones that are not properly restrained, do not die in cars?
Are you suggesting properly restrained dogs do not die in cars?

All I know, is 100% of the time in dog fighting there are brutal injuries or death. That does not happen 100% of the time when you take your dog for a ride.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:34 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CURI0
Are you suggesting properly restrained dogs do not die in cars?

All I know, is 100% of the time in dog fighting there are brutal injuries or death. That does not happen 100% of the time when you take your dog for a ride.
I don't think your criticism is reasonable when you think it through. I think he was simply implying that even a happy dog unrestrained with their head out the window can be injured mightily on par with a dog in a fight. The parralel is a useful one when you realize that both the owner of the dog in fight and the dog unrestrained in a small car are acting irresponsibly. I don't think he is suggesting the chances for injury are equal in each scenario. He never said that. And your post implies that he is, perhaps because you didn't think it through. Further, he rightly suggests that we have a level of responsibility to the animal when we see it being abused, whether in a dog fight or seemingly happy, unrestrained in a car.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Banned
Hovik is infamous around these parts
I've been to AJs... nice place, big enough for the dog. I've seen smaller apartments with dogs 5 times as hyper as his GD - now that's sad.

Looks like some of you have never been to NYC and have no clue about the speeds one can achieve on our streets and avenues... He's not taking the dog on a race track or to a rally through twistie roads, far from it... he is going to be fine and will be a much happier dog as he gets to spend more time with the owner and goes to more places. With all your ifs and buts it seemed like I was reading some fine prints on a bottom of a contract or hearing the fast voice of the announcer in a prescription drug ad listing all the side effects.

Smell, wear, tear on the car? It's his car, he can do whatever with it.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ajcut7
So I had another thread posing the question whether or not I should remove my seat for my dog, and I decided to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xHTD_K5zds&fmt=18

for reference, in the picture and the video the dog is sitting as far back as he can, and he is taking up almost all the available space, so for all you "just recline the seat" guys... not even close.

thanks for the advice guys, having him in the office was great and it was nice to have him just rest when he got him and I was able to unwind nicely.
Hats off to you bro.. Thats awesome Bump for the pup

Old 09-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it was April 1st on the first thread-- now I am sure!
Is this the biggest hoax thread and sequel ever on 6 speed?

Old 09-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
I don't think your criticism is reasonable when you think it through. I think he was simply implying that even a happy dog unrestrained with their head out the window can be injured mightily on par with a dog in a fight. The parralel is a useful one when you realize that both the owner of the dog in fight and the dog unrestrained in a small car are acting irresponsibly. I don't think he is suggesting the chances for injury are equal in each scenario. He never said that. And your post implies that he is, perhaps because you didn't think it through. Further, he rightly suggests that we have a level of responsibility to the animal when we see it being abused, whether in a dog fight or seemingly happy, unrestrained in a car.
If the chance for injury is far less then obviously taking your dog for a ride in your car is not anywhere near as irresponsible as having it participate in a fight. Especially considering the chance for injury is not even in the same ballpark.

I don't have unrestrained dog statistics with me but I have ridden in a vehicle without a seatbelt once or twice in my life. Hell, ever ride in the bed of a truck? Still here to talk about it?

This criticism is absurd, we are turning into a society of panzies with even the freedom to have your dog ride in the car being questioned. What has happened to people?

No one in their right mind would view this video and consider that this dog is being abused. If anything, the argument can be made that those that leave their pets at home alone for dozens of hours on end are doing far more abuse than those that decide to have their animal by their side, as in this case.

Last edited by CURI0; 09-17-2009 at 08:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures & Video of my dog coming to work in my turbo