997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pictures & Video of my dog coming to work in my turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Miami Photog is a jewel in the roughMiami Photog is a jewel in the roughMiami Photog is a jewel in the roughMiami Photog is a jewel in the rough
haha priceless

Old 09-17-2009, 09:07 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
glad your having fun in your turbo with your dog with my current living situation i cant have a best friend to follow me around i envy you!

now i dunno if i could let my pouch in my turbo i might have to buy another vehicle for that =)

Old 09-17-2009, 10:03 PM
panbo is infamous around these parts
thats one lucky dog!!
nice mod!!

Old 09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
ChrisScat is infamous around these parts
I think what you did is great AJ. Everyone badmouthing you, your decisions, and your style of living just have no lives. They need to get a job rather than spend all day criticizing people who share videos online of something that normal people think is a fantastic idea.

These uneducated peons may think you are a criminal, but Hawk-Eye is thanking you. I'm sure he loves being at work with you all day and enjoys the ride there!

Last edited by ChrisScat; 09-18-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:28 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Dont let anyone give you **** check out my baby!

Although I didnt have to take the seat out she still had a good spot in the 997

Good for you, dogs are unconditional

Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2009, 12:35 PM
arzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud of
How many dogs are out there right now that would give their left paw to be able to drive around with their owners? How many dogs are sitting outside, neglected by their owners or are sitting in shelters praying to be rescued? God forbid this guy lives in an apartment too...some of you need to get a life.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
awesome i used to bring my sweet pit with me in my lambo spyder , rip

Old 09-18-2009, 12:59 PM
MCars is infamous around these parts
NYS DMV Inspection Laws

Believe it or not in NYS there is NO LAW that says your vehicle will fail a safety inspection if there is no front passenger seat.
The only caveat is about the seat restraint.
In models from 1969 and newer the front seats MUST have safety restraints for the passengers.
Airbag equipped vehicles from 1 sept. 1979 forward DO NOT get a failed inspection for having the airbag light on:
In the case of any passenger car manufactured on or after September first, nineteen hundred ninety-seven, during the course of the vehicle safety inspection, the readiness of the inflatable restraint system, by means of the readiness indicator, shall be noted on the invoice supplied to the consumer. The system's lack of readiness shall not be considered grounds for the vehicle to fail the safety inspection provided for in subparagraph (a) of this paragraph

Old 09-18-2009, 01:48 PM
PeteyP is infamous around these parts
Where does all the hate come from?
The kid likes taking his dog to work with him. If he can, great. I'd love to know where the hell some of you guys get off giving him sh*t about his apartment, lifestyle, and CAR CHOICE....don't many of you drive Porsches as well. Some of you are judging someone you know nothing about based on what? Him taking the seat out of his car to take his dog to work? Give me a break. I bet that dog lives a better life then some people I know...

Having his dog in the front seat while driving might not be the safest thing in the world....

But how many of you have ever used a cell phone while driving?
Maybe sent a text message?
Played with the radio or tried to enter an address in the Nav while on the move?
Searched for a piece of paper or a CD in the CD case?

Live and let live guys...

Last edited by PeteyP; 09-18-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:21 PM
freeman is infamous around these parts
You got yourself a nice dog transporter. Good job!
Just drive slowly and use your brake gentaly.

I still would suggest to use some sort of dog car seat belt harness to keep your dog safe.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Bcart86 is infamous around these parts
It's your car... your dog.

Some of the posts in here are ridiculous....

Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CURI0
If the chance for injury is far less then obviously taking your dog for a ride in your car is not anywhere near as irresponsible as having it participate in a fight. Especially considering the chance for injury is not even in the same ballpark.

I don't have unrestrained dog statistics with me but I have ridden in a vehicle without a seatbelt once or twice in my life. Hell, ever ride in the bed of a truck? Still here to talk about it?

This criticism is absurd, we are turning into a society of panzies with even the freedom to have your dog ride in the car being questioned. What has happened to people?

No one in their right mind would view this video and consider that this dog is being abused. If anything, the argument can be made that those that leave their pets at home alone for dozens of hours on end are doing far more abuse than those that decide to have their animal by their side, as in this case.
Did you even read the post you're responding to? "I don't think he is suggesting the chances for injury are equal in each scenario. He never said that."

I've done a lot of stupid things, but I didn't ask for opinions about those actions on the internet after doing them. Had I done so, I could have expected reasonable people to tell me my actions were stupid. If they were honest, what else could they say?

Again, you missed the point of contention, which is the real absurdity. Nobody here is questioning the freedom of having a dog ride in a vehicle, we are questioning and discussing the safety and the lack thereof of having a dog ride in a vehicle while unrestrained.

You're absolutely right that neglected pets at home are abused to some degree; and if their owners ask for opinions about it on the internet reasonable will tell them so. But this thread, if you're not aware, is not about those issues, it's about this dog in this car.

There's no way, in my opinion, we can equate the life of a human to animal, but they can both be abused by being put in harms way by the people resonsible for them. If we had a comparable video of a small child bouncing up and down (and having a heck of a lot of fun), unrestrained in the back seat of a car going down the highway, would you say the same thing, i.e., "No one in their right mind would view this video and consider that this... [child] is being abused"? After all, the child wants to be in the car and he is having a lot of fun. Give this some thought and tell us what you think.

Last edited by dtmarsh; 09-18-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:13 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
Can you show us the same vid with you hitting the brakes?
um nice ....get a life dude...serious..how old are you agin ...?

back on topic ...i must say that is awesome.....mt bif 80lb olde english bulldogge rides shot gun with me also.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JZRS4
I still think you have major issues
i think you have major issues..... so?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:20 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PeteyP

Having his dog in the front seat while driving might not be the safest thing in the world....

Played with the radio or tried to enter an address in the Nav while on the move?

Live and let live guys...

I think you're on to something. Would you like to stand up and make these comments to him?, after all he's here posting and asking for your opinion.

I would think a lot of us could answer yes to these questions, but we're not posting on the internet asking the opinions of others, specifically us. This thread is about this owner and this dog. It should be obvious that just because I've done something stupid doesn't mean I can't say it's stupid when someone does it and asks for my opinion. Don't you agree?

Last edited by dtmarsh; 09-20-2009 at 07:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures & Video of my dog coming to work in my turbo