997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

dealer sold me salvaged turbo no disclosure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Anything come of this?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Not sure there is any legal ground to say a dealer's word should be enough. Courts usually fallback on 'buyer beware' in high end used car cases and a certain amont of due diligence could be considered the norm in a high end car transaction. Especially in the age of the internet when a simple carfax is seconds/clicks away. However, the dealer had to know the condition of the car, you know they did a carfax before obtaining the car. A complicated case, no doubt. The best scenario for all involved would be for the dealer to refund the buyer.
Not in my experience - others may have different outcomes. In almost all states, if the dealer has knowingling sold you a salvaged title without disclosure, it's against the law. I have had personal experience with this in CA and the court awarded me both lawyer's fees and 10% of what I paid for the car as part of the settlement. Plus the dealer had to repay me the full purchase price of the car. Get the right bulldog attorney and be proactive.

Note that several dealers sell 'salvage title' cars, like Wicked motorsports, but they are upfront about it. Salvage titles can run the gamut from small issues to tremendous problems.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:42 PM
930Cruz is infamous around these parts
I think it is interesting NYC123 has never come back to tell us what happened. I think this was a simple story of buyers remorse. The listing for the car spoke of the damage. Which is in this thread somewhere else also. http://www.canepa.com/inventory/coll...rbo/index.html The ad also stated that car had pictures showing the damage.

You can't tell me based on this information which was made available to you that you didn't have a PPI inspection done to verify the claims right or wrong. The key word in all this was the original owner was an "Attorney" who crashed the car and strong armed his insurance company to pay offf the car.

I am friends with the gentleman who owns the car now and he loves it. I own a Black 993 Turbo I recently purchased from Bruce and would purchase another car from him anytime. In fact I would like to buy that Polar Silver 993 with Black interior. So I can have two a Black with Red and a Silver with Black.

P.S. NYC123 you should have bought that F40 it is now worth well over $600K.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
i think you are screwed unless you specifically asked if it was in an accident, etc or if they lied about it. they do not have to tell you everything about the car and like others said a carfax would have definately showed salvage title.

good luck and for what its worth imo everyone on here should stay out of it, calling them, writing letters to the dealer etc is only going to make the situation worse for the OP

Old 11-09-2011, 01:18 PM
930Cruz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Christian
i think you are screwed unless you specifically asked if it was in an accident, etc or if they lied about it. they do not have to tell you everything about the car and like others said a carfax would have definately showed salvage title.

good luck and for what its worth imo everyone on here should stay out of it, calling them, writing letters to the dealer etc is only going to make the situation worse for the OP
Agreed..

Old 11-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Not all accidents show up on carfax.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:16 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !

Not true. Some states like Texas you can not drive a salvage title car on a public road. So, you could never get it registered for tags. You could only use it as a track car.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:21 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
How could a dealer not know the condition of a car especially a high end car when they sleep/eat and drink cars all day long

The pitty is there's no accountability for these low life people and that's the truth.

I wish there was a central governing body to whom these dealers have to report other wise they will keep screwing us people all day long

Old 11-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gotnem108
Not all accidents show up on carfax.
agreed, but i would be shocked if a salvage car did not hit the carfax reports

Old 11-09-2011, 11:26 PM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Look at the ad, which can be found in the above-post of 930Cruz. The dealer did a full disclosure of the damage and had a history of the car. The car was totaled by the first owner, the insurance company took it back and sold it to the second owner that restored the car. Nothing in the ad talks about clean title or any type of title. The ad is clear-this car has suffered extreme damage but it was restored to a high standard. Buyer was on notice of this info and bought the car. I am in the legal biz (28 years)and don't think he will prevail in any huge way. Don't get me wrong-I would also be very upset with the title issue but the ad provided disclosure and the car was still purchased. The buyer's first post doesn't mention the details of the disclosure, which set off the firestorm! Read the car ad and then you will be in a better position to evaluate his claim.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Banned
Kormaster has a spectacular aura aboutKormaster has a spectacular aura about
agreed, but i would be shocked if a salvage car did not hit the carfax reports
Carfax does not show everything. I had a Nissan in the 90s and I got into a bad accident and had a salvaged title. When I checked with Carfax when selling the car to a private party with salvaged title, Carfax did not show up. But I sold it as Salvaged for couple grand to a college student. Car ran fine but still... buyer knew and I just got rid of it at dumped price. People should disclose that upfront. At the end, the buyer either wants the car or not.. that's their choice. But the product needs to be true to how it is described and as how it is. Good Luck with the legal fight.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:31 AM
GaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really nice
Originally Posted by paneraiwatches
You did'nt run a Carfax? No PPI? Nobody looked at the car before you sent a wire?

Really????
+1... Autocheck? Seems like this would have solved any salvage worries from the start.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:03 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I believe the OP eventually got his money back and canepa sold it later.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:42 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Wow, what a story.
Glad it all worked out in the end!

Old 11-11-2011, 10:31 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Don’t know why I am chiming in but something about this thread. Don’t assume people are nice or honest… And yes, not at the very least running a car fox on a purchase this large?

This is why you should never buy a car as an investment. If you bought it to drive, and it drives good, doesn’t pull and you cant tell it was ever damaged apart from the monetary loss you took there really isn’t anything wrong. This is like getting married and finding out your wife wasn’t really a virgin. If it drives good and looks good then enjoy it, I’m sure the repairs were done by the very best they could find.

So many people buy used cars that have accident history and they don’t even know because it wasn’t done via insurance. Insurance btw is the only part bad about that purchase since branded vehicles are not covered the same.

Im guessing the dealer made it sorta right in the end since we haven’t heard, and that mean lawyer time.