997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ecu upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:41 AM
scont07tt is infamous around these parts
Ecu upgrade

Just got my car back from ecu upgrade does it take time for ecu to learn or should it be going strong from the start

Old 09-22-2009, 04:58 AM
2SCOOPS is infamous around these parts
You should be feeling the difference when the key turns. What tune did you go with?

Old 09-22-2009, 05:18 AM
Techart ta/1 power kit - manifolds , filter, ecu, and I already have the exhaust.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:37 AM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
you will feel it the first day.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:42 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
If you were anything like I was when I got my ECU upgrade w/ manifolds, exhaust, etc., etc., I was in hyper-evaluation mode.

Although it's difficult, try to focus on something else and let the new performance of the car be a secondary experience.

Another analogy is if someone tells you how awesome a movie is (over and over again), one may be less likely to agree, as their bar has been set so high.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:54 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scont07tt
Techart ta/1 power kit - manifolds , filter, ecu, and I already have the exhaust.
First class!!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:01 AM
Halo is infamous around these parts
Test and let us know..

Old 09-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Just got my car back from ecu upgrade does it take time for ecu to learn or should it be going strong from the start

It should be going strong right from the start. Any ECU tune on the 997TT should be immediately noticeable. Based on the mods you have listed, you should be seeing gains of around 85-100hp. That should be VERY noticeable. If it's not, there may be something wrong. I would check with the dealer who installed the ECU flash for you to make sure it went smoothly.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:25 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
With both of my EVOMS and GIAC flash, I did have some problem telling the gain on the first day. By the second day, there is no doubt whatsoever. I don't think this is from "adaptation," but just from my being un-familiar, or inexperienced, or as mentioned, being in the anxious hyper-analytical mode.

I do believe, and have been told by those who should know, that the DME does have some degree of adaptation over time (over how long I do not know and it's hard to judge with butt dyno).
That said, there should be an immediate gain, then, if/assuming there is adaptation gain, it would be in addition to this immediate gain.
I know for a fact there is an immmediate gain because the GIAC flashloader (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-system.html) allows me to switch back and forth to test.

One other way to tell is look at the boost gauge. Before the tune, you really have to try hard to get max boost (1 bar normal, 1.2 sport). I mean you really have to start at 2200 rpm in 5th gear then slam on throttle, etc., etc.. After the tune, one slight tap of the gas pedal in any gear and most rpm's should get you right there to max boost.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by cannga
With both of my EVOMS and GIAC flash, I did have some problem telling the gain on the first day. By the second day, there is no doubt whatsoever. I don't think this is from "adaptation," but just from my being un-familiar, or inexperienced, or as mentioned, being in the anxious hyper-analytical mode.

I do believe, and have been told by those who should know, that the DME does have some degree of adaptation over time (over how long I do not know and it's hard to judge with butt dyno).
That said, there should be an immediate gain, then, if/assuming there is adaptation gain, it would be in addition to this immediate gain.
I know for a fact there is an immmediate gain because the GIAC flashloader (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-system.html) allows me to switch back and forth to test.

One other way to tell is look at the boost gauge. Before the tune, you really have to try hard to get max boost (1 bar normal, 1.2 sport). I mean you really have to start at 2200 rpm in 5th gear then slam on throttle, etc., etc.. After the tune, one slight tap of the gas pedal in any gear and most rpm's should get you right there to max boost.
drove it this morning pulling really well now and hitting 18psi it was real hot yesterday as well 32c maybe that was it. ill post pics soon love the carbon surround on air box and manifolds look like a piece of art also got the techart airvent and mirror inserts. thanks cannaga love reading your stuff

Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
drove it this morning pulling really well now and hitting 18psi it was real hot yesterday as well 32c maybe that was it. ill post pics soon love the carbon surround on air box and manifolds look like a piece of art also got the techart airvent and mirror inserts. thanks cannaga love reading your stuff
What octane level was the tune for? 32c is certainly hot so any large fluctuation in temp (say going down to 20c) and the ECU will use a more aggressive ignition map in cooler weather for sure (boost/timing etc...) so it will feel different for sure. It also depends on how aggressively it's tuned etc... that will determine how quickly it'll pull timing and such (depending on whether or not the factory knock supression et al. hasn't been turned off).

Old 09-23-2009, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by sharkster
What octane level was the tune for? 32c is certainly hot so any large fluctuation in temp (say going down to 20c) and the ECU will use a more aggressive ignition map in cooler weather for sure (boost/timing etc...) so it will feel different for sure. It also depends on how aggressively it's tuned etc... that will determine how quickly it'll pull timing and such (depending on whether or not the factory knock supression et al. hasn't been turned off).
98 oct in aust i think thats your 93 oct petrol not sure about how aggresively tuned the ecu was. It was shipped to techart got a great price on there ta 1 package. i was told 50 hp for tune but thats conservative and another 10 -15 hp for exhaust

Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
You're welcome. Does your car have the Techart body kit as well? I really like the Techart front lip on my Turbo!

Old 09-24-2009, 02:26 AM
no happy with it stock at moment i have the techart air vent and mirror inserts . Lowered with ta springs and 15 mm spacers in rear happy with the look

Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2009, 02:28 AM
few more pics

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ecu upgrade