997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

BRVs AP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:07 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vividracing
When you tune on the dyno, you simply take the vaccum port that runs to the dyno computer and T it in a pressure source. The Durametric version is reading it electronically which is just as accurate. What would help out here is if the OP told us what the gauge on the dash reads to start with. If he is making 15psi to redline, no boost leaks, maybe the piston is sticking. We supply grease to make sure all is moving properly.
does Vivid Racing offer a money back satisfaction GUARANTEE?

Old 09-25-2009, 06:10 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
What about pics to share of your new shoes?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:02 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997tt RS 2.7
Ditto. AWE will definitely get a call with next mod. i've about had it! my life is too hectic to stress out about my car. i had a chance at a lambo spider and passed on it (GREAT PRICE/MINT); may have been a bad decision (that would not have needed mods)
Lambo: Love, no, LOVE, that car, but really not a daily driver and compared to a modded Turbo, a little insulated chassis feedback & steering feel maybe? I also prefer field of vision and sitting position of Turbo. But yes, I agree if this is your weekend car and, Lambo is a compelling choice.

I wouldn't let this one neg. experience ruin the fun of ownership of this great car (I am sure Dan will work something out w/ you.). I understand the situation you are in because I too have a very busy job and am not a car guy. As mentioned, use established products and established tuners and I think it would make the process easier. Also, not related to this particular case, but, unless absolutely necessary, never any testing of any product in my car even if free. We are amateurs and don't have the knowledge & experience to test anything, and shouldn't be counted on to do so.

Now if you want to open a can of worms, go ahead and ask the forum who and what the established tuners and products are. Do you want to see fireworks? LOL. Kidding aside, for example in Northern California, we have Sharkwerks; in Arizona, EVOMS; where you are, AWE is a no brainer, etc., etc.

Last edited by cannga; 09-26-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:55 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I have EVOMS BRV's and have had 0 issues. You should not be seeing boost lag from changing BRV's.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:16 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
What about pics to share of your new shoes?
as you know weather bites; has been raining. as soon as i get it detailed will post pix of HRE Comp 90s; they are stunning! custom ordered with guards red center spokes. just a shout out to Jonathan @ WheelsBoutique; thanx for all the help. great price and was a joy to work with! pix coming soon i promise

Old 09-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
I have EVOMS BRV's and have had 0 issues. You should not be seeing boost lag from changing BRV's.
that's what Vivid said, but it all occured after the change? no other mod done except airfilter change from "stock" to BMC. i am car challenged, so i don't get it? either an installation issue or defective product: or may not be related at all. taking it back to dealer to switch back to OEM BRVs. will see what happens. car < 4000mis; a forum member states BRVs does not need changed, gonna go with his suggestion

Old 09-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
i was gonna go with EVOMS, but intro pricing with Vivid product looked promising.dealer sent email stating "...you get what you pay for"

Old 09-26-2009, 07:44 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
i was gonna go with EVOMS, but intro pricing with Vivid product looked promising.dealer sent email stating "...you get what you pay for"
Hang in there. I like the EVOMS's myself.

However, my car is pending sale at the moment. Should close Tuesday Will be very, very sad to see it go.

Planning to take the Pgh fall and winter off, then revisit my "weekend" driver in the spring. Still thinking Gallardo, but the tides may change--who knows.

My current plan is deal hunting in the spring. Maybe someone will be trying to unload a 2010 GT3

If I could only settle down with a car for more than a year...

Some chance I'll be out of the car market for a while.

It's gonna be super hard when I see my first turbo on the road. Kinda like seeing your ex-girlfriend holding hands with another dude -- it's just gonna be weird -- and creepy.

Anyhow...GL with your turbo. It's well done, and the BRVs are no biggie.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Hang in there. I like the EVOMS's myself.

However, my car is pending sale at the moment. Should close Tuesday Will be very, very sad to see it go.

Planning to take the Pgh fall and winter off, then revisit my "weekend" driver in the spring. Still thinking Gallardo, but the tides may change--who knows.

My current plan is deal hunting in the spring. Maybe someone will be trying to unload a 2010 GT3

If I could only settle down with a car for more than a year...

Some chance I'll be out of the car market for a while.

It's gonna be super hard when I see my first turbo on the road. Kinda like seeing your ex-girlfriend holding hands with another dude -- it's just gonna be weird -- and creepy.

Anyhow...GL with your turbo. It's well done, and the BRVs are no biggie.
good luck with sale! your car will be tough to beat with next purchase;
superleggera, LP560-4, scuderia, 458 italia may come close gonna keep mine for awhile; last GT1 Turbo, could go up in value? Turbo will go into hibernation late fall/winter. come late spring with slim chance of snow; road trip to philly for the AWE 750 Coilover conversion maybe before PVGP, then of to porsche driving school to learn how to handle this beast!
Watkins Glen here i come!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 AM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
so did you install the stock BRVs? any difference? boost back?

Old 09-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Agency Power parts do have a warranty if they are "bad". I will send anyone a set of valves to install on their car with a money back guarantee. During my tests, I had a set of EVO valves, OEM valves, and Forge valves sitting here, believe me in saying there is no difference...

Last edited by vividracing; 09-28-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Before you go and buy a new set, have your dealer check the valve as there is 2 o-rings to look for. On the bottom of the valve, there is a larger O-Ring that goes around the base and then a smaller o-ring that goes down by the piston. You need to grease both of these and make sure when installing them they do not slip outside of the CNC machined grooves. If this happens, it is possible that you then will have a leak.

Just so you know the spring rate we use in our BRV is 6.5lb/in. I am building a JIG right now and will show a video of them under PSI testing. Please be patient.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
very interested, please PM price quote plus shipping (residence PA). can my porsche dealer service tech install this new design? what is the difference between AP BRVs compared to EVOM BRVs?; i was about to get EVOM BRVs installed. any increase in hp, or just boost response? difference with "butt" dyno? TIA
07-31-2009, 01:34 PM
I will PM you now. The install is SO BASIC as it is 3 bolts remove and insert new ones. Probably take 30 mins. The difference? Well there are some changes I am sure, but I am not familiar with their product. With boost response quicker, you should see initial torque come on higher too. As well as improved horsepower at top end holding boost. PM coming with a special price so you can give us your feedback.
The above is from this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/180623-new-product-agency-power-boost-recirculation-valves.html

09-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Agency Power parts do have a warranty if they are "bad". I will send anyone a set of valves to install on their car with a money back guarantee. During my tests, I had a set of EVO valves, OEM valves, and Forge valves sitting here, believe me in saying there is no difference...
WOW Dan. You should cover your tracks better when you post your BS. Glad to know that you "TRIED" to copy the EVOMS valves. Funny part about it is, one of your customers purchased mine after yours didnt work and he sent me your BRV's. I can confirm that they are 100% the same as our first generation BRV's except you missed a few very key elements in your copy process. When you have to do ZERO R&D, have no expenses assoiated with R&D and just copy others peoples products, one would think that you could spend enough time to make sure that you can copy them correctly

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 09-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor
Yep your right, I had purchased a set of each of my competitors, not to copy, but to see the differences after functionality had been questioned by that "customer". Any different then you stealing GIAC tuning, taking the valves Mode Engineering did for you after 5 years to have RSS make them, and should I go on? I did not attack you, so be careful... good luck with that...

Last edited by vividracing; 09-28-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Yep your right, I had purchased a set of each of my competitors, not to copy, but to see the differences after functionality had been questioned by that "customer". Any different then you stealing GIAC tuning, taking the valves Mode Engineering did for you after 5 years to have RSS make them, and should I go on? I did not attack you, so be careful... The good luck with that...
Get a CLUE. All of your statements are FALSE. Try doing your own R&D and figure out why you have problems with the BRV's. You did not attack me because you are the one who got caught with your pants down

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 09-28-2009 at 03:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BRVs AP