997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

BRVs AP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:32 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Unhappy BRVs AP

had Agency Power BRVs installed today; having issues. there seems to be an increase in lag since installed. i had the car floored (sport mode ON) and it took 2-3s for boost (throttle response) to come on! OEM (stock) BRVs hardly had any lag especially on "sport" mode! anyone else have this problem? it's either a product issue or installation issue. i'm in contact with Vivid Racing to find out was is going wrong. if not solved i'm gonna switch back to "stock" BRVs. with mod i wanted less lag not MORE! TIA for replys

Old 09-23-2009, 03:44 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997tt RS 2.7
had Agency Power BRVs installed today; having issues. there seems to be an increase in lag since installed. i had the car floored (sport mode ON) and it took 2-3s for boost (throttle response) to come on! OEM (stock) BRVs hardly had any lag especially on "sport" mode! anyone else have this problem? it's either a product issue or installation issue. i'm in contact with Vivid Racing to find out was is going wrong. if not solved i'm gonna switch back to "stock" BRVs. with mod i wanted less lag not MORE! TIA for replys
Do you have a datalog of the boost pressure?

Old 09-23-2009, 03:50 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
Do you have a datalog of the boost pressure?
no. dealership never mentioned it. don't know if that is rountine info. also did BMC airfilter at the same time as BRVs. don't know if it's related. disheartening cause lag is significant. need HELP! before mod response (boost) was almost immediate especially with SPORT MODE?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
no. dealership never mentioned it. don't know if that is rountine info. also did BMC airfilter at the same time as BRVs. don't know if it's related. disheartening cause lag is significant. need HELP! before mod response (boost) was almost immediate especially with SPORT MODE?
Do you have a Durametric interface? You could log the boost and see what is happening.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:07 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Hey there. I have brv's and bmc, but dud in concert with other mods so I can't isolate for you. Can't remember if you are running a modded ecu - if so, which?

I think it's time u pull trigger on awe 650 or 750 . That will solve all of your problems until u decide to sell and want a superleggera

Old 09-23-2009, 04:08 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Hey there. I have brv's and bmc, but did in concert with other mods so I can't isolate for you. Can't remember if you are running a modded ecu - if so, which?

I think it's time u pull trigger on awe 650 or 750 . That will solve all of your problems until u decide to sell and want a superleggera

Old 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Have the installation shop contact me and I will be happy to discuss with them. They had to remove parts to install your intake, BRV's, and whatever service or parts you might have done at the same time. There are many scenarios to look at. 20 or so people are running the valves from Agency Power and I have not heard of this issue. Since you are only driving in sport, have you tried it in non sport? What does your boost gauge say on the dash?

The valve is simple in its design by having a stiffer spring with piston to stay closed longer to not allow boost to leak out. It is possible you might have a loose vaccum line, pinched line, etc.

Instructions are here again FYI - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...?cID=10&pID=85

Old 09-23-2009, 04:17 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure they are sealed properly. you should have received a low boost error/code. It could be an installation issue.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Do you have a Durametric interface? You could log the boost and see what is happening.
sorry don't have that; i am car clueless!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Your install shop probably has a PIWIS or Datalog cable. Easiest thing is look what your boost on the dash display says.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Hey there. I have brv's and bmc, but dud in concert with other mods so I can't isolate for you. Can't remember if you are running a modded ecu - if so, which?

this modding stuff is starting to be a PAIN IN DA ..S. i should get a lambo or scud that way i WON"T HAVE TO MOD!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:29 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
also check your hoses from the Y-pipe to the intercoolers as well as the hose to the throttle body. May be loose.

Is your car idling poorly? It may be an install issue.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
this modding stuff is starting to be a PAIN IN DA ..S. i should get a lambo or scud that way i WON"T HAVE TO MOD!
You think a lambo is better?
Be patient, do it right, take your time, this is what makes the ownership of your TT meaningful. Believe me, if these issues were scary I would have left my car on the side of a road in the middle of no where or waited for another Ike or a bad storm somewhere... it will get easier and you will have a huge smile on your face when it is all done.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:32 PM
LOL. U don't think I'm throwing a TT on my soon-to-be Gallardo when it's off warranty?

Old 09-23-2009, 05:42 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Probably something really easy to fix. Would suggest a Porsche tuner shop vs. dealer but in Western PA your short of options unless you drive east some!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BRVs AP