997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Got a Letter from the CHP. . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 10:28 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by landjet
I love that bumper sticker.

Here's an idea. Get a CHP's license plate number and right a letter to them stating you saw the officer driving at 80mph with his top lights off in an obvious non emergency situation and want the officer ticketed.
We have a winner! I wonder what they would do if they got multiple letters about the same car?

Old 09-26-2009, 08:26 AM
blastr17 is infamous around these parts
Throw it in the garbage, its complete BS

Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !

Here's an idea. Get a CHP's license plate number and right a letter to them stating you saw the officer driving at 80mph with his top lights off in an obvious non emergency situation and want the officer ticketed.

this

Old 09-26-2009, 10:43 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
I wish it was that vague. It would solve my recent 87 mph speeding tkt.

CA Vehicle Code 22349. (a) Except as provided in Section 22356, no person may drive
a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than 65 miles per hour.
</pre>
Code 22356. "....the Department of the California Highway Patrol, may declare a
higher maximum speed of 70 miles per hour for vehicles not subject to
Section 22406, and shall cause appropriate signs to be erected
giving notice thereof. The Department of Transportation shall only
make a determination under this section that is fully consistent
with, and in full compliance with, federal law.
(b) No person shall drive a vehicle upon that highway at a speed
greater than 70 miles per hour, as posted.
(c) This section shall become operative on the date specified in
subdivision (c) of Section 22366.
</pre>
Get yourself an attorney that specializes in traffic violations. More than likely you will get it dismissed. I have gone this route with my speeding tickets and had success everytime. It's a bit pricey, but when considering the huge bump in insurance premiums due to the type of vehicle we drive, it's worth every penny.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:53 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i wish u have a way to write them back... **** OFF. especially when u see cops go in & out of carpool line without their lights on & speeding.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned
peter_08911TT is infamous around these partspeter_08911TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GTDeux
From a legal standpoint, you have nothing to worry about.

You should either take your plates off or get dealer plates if you are so worried about it.
You make no sense at all

Old 09-26-2009, 11:18 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by peter_08911TT
You make no sense at all
actually he does. u need to live in CA to understand what he means.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:24 AM
rideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to all
I hate $hit like this. Can't enjoy your car without some one getting jealous or pissed. That's not to say I am encouraging reckless driving. Here is the first thing that came to my mind....... Ever think this "citizen" maybe an off duty CHP?

Old 09-26-2009, 03:52 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
ok i saw all you guys speeding send me your plate nos now, i'm turnin you in (unless you send me $10.00) really cell phone turn ins are a *****. in ca if the local chp gets a call on hwy 80 they will respond, happened to me get this .

two white p cars are returning from napa we are speeding . am watchings my friends red hot muffler ahead ahead of me we are at hwy 80 and madison (chp station there)
i tell my wife well i've had enough fun i'm slowin down. and bang two motors and a blk & white race past me after my friend. about a mile up the rd he's stoped all the chp are around the car.... heres the good part he's a chp and worked ota that office. ofcouse the let him go, they told him they had 5 cell phone calls about a speeding white porsche, have no idea why they did not stop me as i'm white

Old 09-26-2009, 11:19 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Get yourself an attorney that specializes in traffic violations. More than likely you will get it dismissed. I have gone this route with my speeding tickets and had success everytime. It's a bit pricey, but when considering the huge bump in insurance premiums due to the type of vehicle we drive, it's worth every penny.
Totally agree. Good advice. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:06 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Tell your lawyer you want to use the equal protection clause of the fourth amendment{I think that is the right one} in your defense. If they let the CHP officer off for speeding, then you should be let off. My brother-in-law is a states attorney and ex-cop and he told me they will not ticket each other as a professional courtesy. This should not be allowed. To the lawyers- could I legally make a citizens arrest of a speeding cop?

Old 09-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Dont even worry about it.

I can go out right now, hop on the 5 freeway, and write down as many plates as I can and report them all for speeding, swerving through lanes, cutting people off if I wanted to. Doesn't make a difference.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:07 PM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about

Federal law says that no police car, fire truck or EMT vehicle can exceed posted speed by more than 10 miles per hour unless police officers are actually chasing someone who is speeding and has committed a felony.

Few people know this. I will post the Congressional amendment if interested.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
2fast455 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
Federal law says that no police car, fire truck or EMT vehicle can exceed posted speed by more than 10 miles per hour unless police officers are actually chasing someone who is speeding and has committed a felony.

Few people know this. I will post the Congressional amendment if interested.
I would love to see that. In NY emergency vehicles are exempt as long as being operated with due regard for the safety of all persons, nor shall such provisions protect the driver from the consequences of his reckless disregard for the safety of others.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:32 PM
solekeeper is infamous around these parts
Drive it like it's meant to be driven

Someone was just mad at your car apparently..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a Letter from the CHP. . .