997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Interior LED and liscense plate led's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
contact Hoen direct for license plate complete modules, they are typically sold before they hit the web but timeframe is a few weeks and typically they dont post the link online, only e-mail direct. I run a set, they are fantastic but indeed quite bright so skip them if your trying to be stealth. Net result is a vast 'modernization' of the car though, I get compliments on them all the time.

Hoen dont recommend interior bulbs, asked but they say the say coldness in side the car is tough on the eyes and to skip it. For those who still want to stick in whiter ones 6411 is the dome and W5W is the courtesty light.

Gmoney I agree with you- the led license plate bulb housings are amazing and I love mine too. If I dump my 997.1TT for a 997.2TT are the housings transferrable or do I need to get new ones or does the 997.2TT already have led license plate bulbs?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:35 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Looks like they have used the same part for the 996 and 997 so I doubt they made a swap on the .2 either. Im sure soon it will be oem though for the next major update.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:38 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Just one question: any reason you want more lighting on the rear plate?

Eric I did a complete (interior/exterior) LED conversion on my car including rear tail lights. I have a 2007 TT 997.1 The reason for the bright license plate bulbs is mainly for the bright white LED color to match the rest of the cars LEd's. The stock bulb has a yellow hue to it. I went to Hoen and installed theirs but I thought they were just too bright. The color spectrum was fine so all I did was tape off 1/2 of the lens (it comes as a complete kit) with aluminum tape. Now the brightness is perfect. Before the license plate lights over powered even my tail lights. I went with 6000k Garax for the headlights, Hoen for the city lights/side lights/ license plate lights and PIAA for the fogs. For the interior/trunk/engine compartment LED's I went to superbrightleds.com. As far as throwing error codes you don't have to worry about resistors for any of the interior bulbs as the computer could care less. For the exterior LEDs resistors are a must.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:51 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
For my FJ Cruiser, I used the LED's from Oznium.com Here's a pic, you can see it lights it up like it's daylight! Best investment dollar for dollar that I've done to it.

Attached Images