997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tubi street - cats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Tubi street - cats

I currently have a tubi street with 200 cell cats and want to go for a tubi race, was close on selling it but buyer backed out. So I thought to myself. Why don't I just remove the cats, won't it be similar? I want to know 1. How much louder will it be 2. Will the sound pitch still sound nice 3. How much hp can be gained. I am not worried about the cell as I have plans for a tune. Any thoughts? am I just being dumb or can this be done? Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited by Porsche Boy; 09-27-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-27-2009, 03:01 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I wouldn't tear up a perfectly good system, just buy some Fabspeed cat bypass pipes. It will be loud as sh@t and throw cels. But I gotta ask, what difference will it make on a 3400 pound street car? Not to mention the enviromental impact.

Last edited by TT Gasman; 09-27-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:39 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't go with a 'home-made' exhaust like you are thinking of. And why ruin a perfectly good exhaust system??

Just hang on to it and order the Tubi Race already. Post the Tubi Street for sale for a fair price and be patient. It will sell.

Last edited by NeilM; 09-27-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:45 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NeilM
I wouldn't go with a 'home-made' exhaust like you are thinking of. Any why ruin a perfectly good exhaust system??

Just hang on to it and order the Tubi Race already. Post the Tubi Street for sale for a fair price and be patient. It will sell.
neil is right, dont try to piece together what you can already buy

Old 09-27-2009, 05:04 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Agree with neil, handoc,TT; why cobble up some halfassed system trashing a great system in the process?
If you want the tubi race, just buy it. Your tubi will sell if you price it right. Being that you're across the ocean and then some, you may end up having to cover the shipping to the US in order to sell it quickly. I've bought and sold parts for years, just my take on it.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:03 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Thanks all for the feedback.