997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2010 Turbo, any price break?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 05:37 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XPGT2
160k That is getting into GT2 territory.

Peter
I did it on the web for exercise, a few little thing here and there add up to 160 very quickly.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:15 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
man i read the PDK 997.2 Turbo does 0-100 KM/h in 3.1 seconds... I would want PDK with that kind of number too!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:25 PM
porshah is infamous around these parts
A friend just ordered a 2010 PDK turbo. He got $7500 off. November build. He went to four dealers. 3 of them would only give $2500 off.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:13 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I am about to pull the trigger...white with blue cab...PDK, PTV, SCP, XM...help me! and the new wheels!

Old 10-03-2009, 01:28 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Outside of Erics post and Jenk's plea I am seeing a lot of emotional reasoning --I hear ya-- BTW .

First --
1) PDK is not an automatic .
2) The modded Gt1 cars will beat it .
3) The Gt2 is a different car in the rain , on the street, and on the track .
4)The "exotic" Ferrari. Lambo , etc .. are designed with beauty but when it comes to the engineering and repairs are not the same species .

Note --I am seeing a lot of -- cool car =same price = lets compare .
In my opinion at 150K+ a pop every detail ought to be considered and evaluated .

Jenk -
If you have an order you face selling your car or trading it . That makes one deal into two . It's convenient but expect 30 percent under MSRP on trade .
MSRP is an extremely painful price to pay for the new car.
I understand the anticipatory excitement about a new car and if this really is a must have thing only you can decide.

Trade your car in now if you can AND get a discount percentage wriiten on the contract.

The worst case example
a 110K cab trades in for 77K , Then you face paying 160K for the Turbo cab . That's 83K plus tax, tag, etc to take your new 09 car and get the same car with a cool shape and extra Hp. At best they can wiggle 10K into this and its still a lot.

In one year that cab will be worth 125 .
In two years when the 998 comes out 100 .

So lets do some math .
two years from now -- the loss on your car plus the price into the new one + the speculated depreciation =
83K + 60K = 143K
Your current car would lose 20K more.

If you make the change you lose approx 123K but you end up having the Turbo.
Is this worth it to you ?
If it is .. I wish you the best.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:19 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
thanks for the reality check! I do go back and forth on this. One of the main reasons is the color believe it or not. so, it's more emotional decision for me except when you do the numbers reality! No way is the color worth that much! Thanks for bringing me back into the real world, Larry!

Old 10-03-2009, 02:28 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
Given the less than exciting changes to the '10 and in the increase in price, IMHO it doesn't make sense to go for the '10 when you can get an '09 for 20% off MSRP. Get an '09 and feel good about the deal you'll get...

Old 10-03-2009, 03:20 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Outside of Erics post and Jenk's plea I am seeing a lot of emotional reasoning --I hear ya-- BTW .

First --
1) PDK is not an automatic .
2) The modded Gt1 cars will beat it .
3) The Gt2 is a different car in the rain , on the street, and on the track .
4)The "exotic" Ferrari. Lambo , etc .. are designed with beauty but when it comes to the engineering and repairs are not the same species .

Note --I am seeing a lot of -- cool car =same price = lets compare .
In my opinion at 150K+ a pop every detail ought to be considered and evaluated .

Jenk -
If you have an order you face selling your car or trading it . That makes one deal into two . It's convenient but expect 30 percent under MSRP on trade .
MSRP is an extremely painful price to pay for the new car.
I understand the anticipatory excitement about a new car and if this really is a must have thing only you can decide.

Trade your car in now if you can AND get a discount percentage wriiten on the contract.

The worst case example
a 110K cab trades in for 77K , Then you face paying 160K for the Turbo cab . That's 83K plus tax, tag, etc to take your new 09 car and get the same car with a cool shape and extra Hp. At best they can wiggle 10K into this and its still a lot.

In one year that cab will be worth 125 .
In two years when the 998 comes out 100 .

So lets do some math .
two years from now -- the loss on your car plus the price into the new one + the speculated depreciation =
83K + 60K = 143K
Your current car would lose 20K more.

If you make the change you lose approx 123K but you end up having the Turbo.
Is this worth it to you ?
If it is .. I wish you the best.

Definately some valid points, however, you will not see a 991 turbo for another 3-3 1/2 years from now.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:20 PM
todo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nice
Get a 09 TT and then get a AWE650 System install and flash its Transmission GIAC.....
Now you have a real beast and real cool sound....

Old 10-03-2009, 09:52 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Larry is right. Get an 09, at least it's still got a good engine.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:20 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JenK
thanks for the reality check! I do go back and forth on this. One of the main reasons is the color believe it or not. so, it's more emotional decision for me except when you do the numbers reality! No way is the color worth that much! Thanks for bringing me back into the real world, Larry!
My guess is you will wrestle back and forth. You come to the board, read about the cars .. and think. The feelings you have for the Turbo won't go away but your current car actually has more years of use and some nice handling features being lighter and nimble. Plus you have taken the depreciation hit.

BTW -I have a white car and a black car. I see yours is black and you want white. Both colors are standard colors where they hold value and each has its own appeal.

Time is on your side .Hang in there.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:01 AM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by shawminator
Given the less than exciting changes to the '10 and in the increase in price, IMHO it doesn't make sense to go for the '10 when you can get an '09 for 20% off MSRP. Get an '09 and feel good about the deal you'll get...
absolutely! any other reasoning means that you just want to throw your money away, which you certainly have the right to do. if in fact the 09s are going at a 15-20% discount, that is some deal. i personally think that this recession has produced some of the greatest opportunities to purchase big ticket items than most of us will ever see. you have to roll with the oportunity-if 09 turbos are out there at large discounts, i say jump on that. paying 20-40 more for a 2010 makes no sense.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:58 AM
you are all correctabout the 09, but I want the PDK, not a tip. I've had my eye on an 09 white turbo cab with tip/scp. original MSRP was 154, now it's 125 and could go lower. i'd get it, but then I'd have the tip for resale in a few years when the 991 comes out. this certainly makes sense to those of us in the know about these cars. i have a colleague who bought the aqua launch cab without scp, got a small discount on the car(paid cash) where he should have gotten at least 10k off and then tells me he got a great deal! Of course I had to enlighten him...needless to say he wasn't happy. So, I'm doing my homework and in the meantime, I have a great car to play with and enjoy! The next Porsche will be a keeper for me and I want it just right.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:02 AM
porschestrabe is infamous around these parts
My '09 TT cab was the best decision I could have ever made -- My choice was between ordering a 2010 and finding an '09. The decision was obvious when I was offered an incredible deal for an truly incredible car -- and I have had a smile on my face ever since!!!

Not sure what's left out there, but I suspect you can find exactly what you want at a once-in-a-lifetime price. And you can use the savings on wheels, perhaps a flash -- and a great weekend away to check out foliage with your SO. What a great way to break the TT in...

Old 10-04-2009, 11:00 AM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
As soon as Porsche updated the website with details on the 997.2 Turbo, I went and got a new '09. I found exactly the right color combo and every single option I wanted (except for voice control). Juicy discount, being impatient and my aspirations of tuning this car in the near future were enough to seal the deal.

If you are excited about the PDK tranny, then order it or wait until they start arriving at dealerships and then get it. Don't believe fairy tales that they will be scarce. Everybody who wants to part with $150 to buy a 911 will get one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Turbo, any price break?