997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2010 Turbo, any price break?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:02 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JenK
you are all correctabout the 09, but I want the PDK, not a tip. I've had my eye on an 09 white turbo cab with tip/scp. original MSRP was 154, now it's 125 and could go lower. i'd get it, but then I'd have the tip for resale in a few years when the 991 comes out. this certainly makes sense to those of us in the know about these cars. i have a colleague who bought the aqua launch cab without scp, got a small discount on the car(paid cash) where he should have gotten at least 10k off and then tells me he got a great deal! Of course I had to enlighten him...needless to say he wasn't happy. So, I'm doing my homework and in the meantime, I have a great car to play with and enjoy! The next Porsche will be a keeper for me and I want it just right.
I completely agree on the PDK vs tip things that you are posting. I don't understand the draw of the cab over the coupe though (at this Hp level especially) . I also would consider matching this car up agaist a Ferrari California if convertible driving is that cherished. Not that i am a huge Ferrari fan but when it comes to convertibles the California really gets the job done well . It's not the typical low and wide car which makes it an ideal daily driver and the structure of the car as well as its well appointed interior really make this a strong competitor.

You woild not have to wait for the car either and may have some price wiggle room . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoMzZ-eYNTo

Old 10-04-2009, 11:28 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AlexM

If you are excited about the PDK tranny, then order it or wait until they start arriving at dealerships and then get it. Don't believe fairy tales that they will be scarce. Everybody who wants to part with $150 to buy a 911 will get one.
I would say definitely go with an 09 for two reasons: GT1 engine and huge discounts.
+2 on the fairy tales, I'm so sick of hearing about how scarce these new Turbos will be, its such B.S
Just my .02

Old 10-04-2009, 11:32 AM
todo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nice
About paddles.... I am a tip person... my previous car M6 had SMG with paddles. .I remember using puddle shifters not more than 6 timesin the two years I had this car.
I think paddle shifters are so over hyped.
Either get a automatic or get a manual....

Old 10-04-2009, 02:39 PM
'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about
Price break? I was only able to negotiate 3% off. I guess I am not a great negotiator.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:51 PM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Buy an '08 GT2. New or slightly preowned. 2 years old now, and the prices that you can negotiate are great.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:46 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by todo
About paddles.... I am a tip person... my previous car M6 had SMG with paddles. .I remember using puddle shifters not more than 6 timesin the two years I had this car.
I think paddle shifters are so over hyped.
Either get a automatic or get a manual....
I also owned a 2007 M6 with SMG which I traded at a major loss on the 09 C2S. I porbably shoul have waited since the turbo cab I want is now 125 and my 09 C2S was 109 (msrp of 124). The M6 was so heavy compared to the C2S!

Old 10-04-2009, 06:49 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I completely agree on the PDK vs tip things that you are posting. I don't understand the draw of the cab over the coupe though (at this Hp level especially) . I also would consider matching this car up agaist a Ferrari California if convertible driving is that cherished. Not that i am a huge Ferrari fan but when it comes to convertibles the California really gets the job done well . It's not the typical low and wide car which makes it an ideal daily driver and the structure of the car as well as its well appointed interior really make this a strong competitor.

You woild not have to wait for the car either and may have some price wiggle room . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoMzZ-eYNTo
Thanks, Larry. I had considered the California. I am friends with a guy who is huge Ferrari afficiando and owner. I could probably swing a deal with Foreign Cars Euopia in NC, both Porsche and Ferrari dealers, but I want a reliable car...not a garage queen!

Old 10-04-2009, 07:02 PM
todo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nice
I lucked out as my M6 was leased and got flooded.... I bought a 174k MSRP 2008 Turbo Cab with 1700 miles for 120K. I have spent close to 20 k tuning the car with AWE 6505 system and Giac transmission flash for Tip.
So I am in a 200K car (if you consider sales tax and Tune costs) for 150K.
The car is phenomenal and personalized and is a rocket.
I had booked California which I cancelled as I find the porsche to be a much more practical daily driver. In fact at times do not drive the Porsche if it is raining hard and have wondered if I had bought the Red Ferrari it would just sit in the garage.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The snag is the unknown reliability concerns of the first Porsche Dfi Turbo . The Gt1 engine of the 07 -09 has proven reliability but the integreated engine takes the car into a different direction.

What is the appeal of the Turbo cab above the cab you have ? Besides a color swap? It's a lot of money placed into changes which mimick what you already have.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by '08C4S
Price break? I was only able to negotiate 3% off. I guess I am not a great negotiator.
3% is still better than zero. I take that. I asked one of the dealer about getting some kind of break. I got the answer I expected — It is new, Porsche cut production, and bla bla bla. There are still many 09 turbo sitting around. CS, C4S sitting on the lot for close to 10 months now. GT2 was there for a year without a buyer. But there are much less cars on the lot now. All the 09 are selling at a huge discount. I will check in next Feb to see how the 2010 turbo is doing. ; D

Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Zman100 is infamous around these parts
Ferrari California

I too was on the list for the California. But decided the TT was 100 large less and much more reliable.

Owning a Ferrari is a little like dating a 6 foot supermodel with a coke habit.