997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2010 Turbo, any price break?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 12:37 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
2010 Turbo, any price break?

Ji , I am thinking about ordering the new 10 turbo. Anyone here get a price break ordering one? I am on the west cost.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:54 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
Ji , I am thinking about ordering the new 10 turbo. Anyone here get a price break ordering one? I am on the west cost.
Price breaks usually aren't given on an ordered car which hasn't come out yet . Being first has its price . Could you imagine how the guy who paid 100K for an M3 back in 08 must think about his gottahaveit moment ? http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/10/2...up-to-100-000/

As for the Turbo .. if they begin pile up on lots .. that's when to ask your same question.

Patience.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:53 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
all about patience...if you are the type that "gotta have it" when it comes out, then dont expect a discount

remember the recession still exists

Old 10-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Forget it. PAG has reduced production to move the '09 inventory out, and added incentives for these cars in Sept. The time to buy was last month.

If you want the '10, and want it early (January release), pay up. Otherwise, maybe you'll get some free floor mats with your insanely overpriced Turbo. Yep, they reduced their cost on the engine by around 20k by moving away from the long used GT1 block, raised the base price AND the options prices at the same time.

Go figure.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Zman100 is infamous around these parts
New Order in Denver

I couldn't get any price break on mine. I tricked it up to about $160k and the only thing they would do is give me a free clear bra. This dealer only expects one or maybe two coupes total for the model year. Also, if you want PDK, order quick. Porsche is only allowing 50% of the first year cars to be ordered with PDK and that is what everyone is going for.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:39 PM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zman100
I couldn't get any price break on mine. I tricked it up to about $160k and the only thing they would do is give me a free clear bra. This dealer only expects one or maybe two coupes total for the model year. Also, if you want PDK, order quick. Porsche is only allowing 50% of the first year cars to be ordered with PDK and that is what everyone is going for.
160k That is getting into GT2 territory.

Peter

Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing.

New (non-titled) 2009's from dealers are going for $115K (at apx. $140K MSRPs).

PDK is great, if you love auto. Not worth the price delta IMHO. I'm a 6spd guy so I'm biased.

I'm looking to get back into an exotic this early spring (no sense in buying one now and garaging it all late fall/winter). If the 2010 turbo is "all that", I'd be fine with waiting to see if the 2010's are in the same boat as the 2009's were in April (potential non-modding ability notwithstanding).

Old 10-02-2009, 02:12 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Forget it. PAG has reduced production to move the '09 inventory out, and added incentives for these cars in Sept. The time to buy was last month.

If you want the '10, and want it early (January release), pay up. Otherwise, maybe you'll get some free floor mats with your insanely overpriced Turbo. Yep, they reduced their cost on the engine by around 20k by moving away from the long used GT1 block, raised the base price AND the options prices at the same time.

Go figure.
the cost of NEW 997.2tt you are in low mis Ferrari/Lambo territory? those cars do not need mods!

Old 10-02-2009, 02:17 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zman100
$160K NO WAY! I could have nabbed an 08 Gallardo spider/lo mis for $170K. Lambo sound and curb appeal WIN OUT! HANDS DOWN

Old 10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
If your gonna pay MSRP get the 2010 GT3 RS! i much sweeter sound (YouTube!) with ALOT more excitement!

Old 10-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997tt RS 2.7
the cost of NEW 997.2tt you are in low mis Ferrari/Lambo territory? those cars do not need mods!

Yeah, as soon as I had my hands on the order guide a month or so ago, I built my Turbo Cab.....came in at 178k..

I puked.

I put the file away.

I revamped my search for a new '09 immediately. Porsche bean counters are out of their minds.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:28 PM
kotackchi is infamous around these parts
Bump

Old 10-02-2009, 05:19 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 997tt RS 2.7
If your gonna pay MSRP get the 2010 GT3 RS! i much sweeter sound (YouTube!) with ALOT more excitement!
+2 the new RS, it looks insane, I want one soooo bad

Old 10-02-2009, 05:32 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by handdoc
all about patience...if you are the type that "gotta have it" when it comes out, then dont expect a discount

I just love turbo, always been a big fan of turbo. But not the type to be the first one on the block to drive one.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:33 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by handdoc

yap, dealer near me has quite a few 09 on their lot, including a GT2 that is now a year old.... ; {

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Turbo, any price break?