997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: which Ipod adapter
DENSION
66.67%
DICE
22.22%
NAVTV
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Ipod adapters: Dension/Dice/NavTv which one?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Ipod adapters: Dension/Dice/NavTv which one?

Did a search under Ipod and found most members use the Dension unit, but none of the units are with out issues. I'm basically looking for something that will list the names of my playlist/songs and that I can control with the multi-function streeing wheel or PCM. Nothing to fancy and something easy to install (DIY). Do not want to add bluetooth because I really would rarely use it (can never hear or be heard out of those things)

Please let me know what you have/had and if your a happy camper OR wish you never went camping!

Oh, where to get it from would always be helpful

Old 10-05-2009, 06:01 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
i was looking at the mobridge unit, but it is a combo ipod/bluetooth

spoke with several folks who said it works well for both

i am waiting to see some info on the porsche retrofit part for a cayenne that is an fm based ipod unit that can be used in 911s...on the suncoast site, reasonable priced with easy install

good luck, i am in the same boat except i think i want bluetooth also

Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I have the NavTv ipod and Tooki bluetooth, they both work fine. The ipod has some occassional bugs. nothing major. The Tooki has been flawless.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:56 PM
stormeister is infamous around these parts
I'm using the combo bluetooth/ipod unit from mObridge, I believe they have an ipod only device too. I am happy with it for both the bluetooth and the ipod operation.

As most (all) of these devices fake out the iPod as a CD changer they certainly have their limitations. I have a 120Gb ipod classic and navigating through large lists of artists etc is a hassle (certainly not smart when driving), so if you have a lot of stuff on the ipod you probably want to make a playlist of your regular listening.

Stormeister

Old 10-05-2009, 08:10 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Get the porsche unit

Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by handdoc
i was looking at the mobridge unit, but it is a combo ipod/bluetooth

spoke with several folks who said it works well for both

i am waiting to see some info on the porsche retrofit part for a cayenne that is an fm based ipod unit that can be used in 911s...on the suncoast site, reasonable priced with easy install

good luck, i am in the same boat except i think i want bluetooth also
Just a quick 2 cents from me: If good sound is important to you, stay away from ANY unit that is FM based. They all compress dynamics and frequency significantly.
Units that use line level connection like Dension have vastly superior sound. That's one main reason why people go through such trouble installing these things.

Last edited by cannga; 10-05-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:13 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
We like the Dension for a variety of reasons. Rather than slam another product, I'd rather explain some of the reasons in favor of the Dension. Feel free to email me anytime for more info.

If you have an '09, you are SOL either way. Pre '09, step right up.

eric@bumperplugs.com