997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2010 Porsche 911 Turbo Laps Nurburgring 10 Seconds Faster than Predecessor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Porschedeisgn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by split
maybe infants? and if you own a porsche, your wife is undoubtedly skinny so there's no problem fitting her in the passenger seat.

that sounded familar.. JK?

Old 10-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Porschedeisgn is infamous around these parts
hmm nearly as quick as the 997 Gt2

Old 10-14-2009, 05:02 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Porsche quotes 7:38 for the 997TT during their "testing" of the GT-R.

(And I lapped the Brookfield shopping district in 3 minutes getting to the grocery store this afternoon )

That has to be a record Bobby. You think the GTR can do it in 2:49?

Old 10-14-2009, 05:07 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
That has to be a record Bobby. You think the GTR can do it in 2:49?
It depends on which GT-R...the 480hp or the 600hp version...

Old 10-14-2009, 09:11 PM
gp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
there is something wrong with the 7:39 that a source told autocar.co.uk, this cannot be true.
cause that is the official time that Porsche itself clocked for the 997 TT-MK I in 2008, during a test against the GT-R and GT-2.
Car´s in Action in south africa claims the new 997 Turbo MK II lapped the Ring in 7:27min with the PDK and torque vectoring. That´s more like it.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/forums/p/9232/70713.aspx#70713
I suspect a 7:30 would be a reasonable time for a 911T with the PDK and MPSCs. Though I seriously doubt that a 911 GT3 would be 10 seconds slower than the turbo.

The problem with Porsche and their publicised lap times is that they are carefully selected by the marketing dept so as not to step on the adjacent toes within the rather crowded 911 line up.

The reality is that the GT3 is much closer to a 7:30 car than would be acceptable to GT2 fans.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:20 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NewSong
You can fit your wife and kids into your 997tt?
Fits snugly!

Attached Images  

Last edited by SRatha; 10-14-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by split
maybe infants? and if you own a porsche, your wife is undoubtedly skinny so there's no problem fitting her in the passenger seat.
Yeah and when they grow past a size 6 you trade them/her in and get a new one! (wife that is!)

Old 10-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Banned
Quentin is a jewel in the roughQuentin is a jewel in the roughQuentin is a jewel in the rough
Now, according to the Power to weight theorists - how can this be possible?
Surely, the new PDK, together with the revised suspension and DI engine cannot make this new turbo be 10secs faster.
I say it's a ringer!

No, seriously If the results are true, then well done to Porsche. More competition means more better cars for consumers.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:02 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gp900bj
I suspect a 7:30 would be a reasonable time for a 911T with the PDK and MPSCs. Though I seriously doubt that a 911 GT3 would be 10 seconds slower than the turbo.

The problem with Porsche and their publicised lap times is that they are carefully selected by the marketing dept so as not to step on the adjacent toes within the rather crowded 911 line up.

The reality is that the GT3 is much closer to a 7:30 car than would be acceptable to GT2 fans.
The problem with Porsches publicized laptimes?

Actually the crowding starts with the CGT which the GT2 was not meant to step on toes. GT2 fans know the car is significantly enough faster than a GT3 not to care much about how close it is on the ring.

Porsche fans in general also know that Porsche is HONEST, which is more than we can say for a certain Japanese manufacturer, but I won't mention any names so as not to hurt any feelings.

But thanks anyways mr Porsche expert.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:44 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997tt RS 2.7
isn't 2010 GT3 quoted 7:40 by Porsche? 10s off previous, WOW! 2010 Turbo won't need mods anymore; NOT!
You mean you can't mod a PDK, which is true
This is one fine machine in stock form for those who can't shift. I imagine the lease percentage will be off the charts.
I for one would not want to buy a used PDK from a 30 something

Old 10-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Banned
Quentin is a jewel in the roughQuentin is a jewel in the roughQuentin is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but the new 911 turbo did not do a 7:27. Far from it.

How good is the handling? According to Achleitner, the new 911 Turbo will lap the Nürburgring in 7 minutes, 39 seconds on standard Bridgestone Potenza tires--some 10 seconds less than the time quoted for its predecessor.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The problem with Porsches publicized laptimes?

Actually the crowding starts with the CGT which the GT2 was not meant to step on toes. GT2 fans know the car is significantly enough faster than a GT3 not to care much about how close it is on the ring.

Porsche fans in general also know that Porsche is HONEST, which is more than we can say for a certain Japanese manufacturer, but I won't mention any names so as not to hurt any feelings.

But thanks anyways mr Porsche expert.
You keep me in stitches, Heavy!

Old 10-15-2009, 11:55 AM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SRatha
Fits snugly!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:50 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
By the way, has anyone else heard that Ghosn and Mizuno were recently both admitted to the hospital? Reportedly they are suffering from some strange syndrome where their noses have started getting longer.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NewSong
Actually I can fit my entire family (wife, me, and my 1 year old) into my C2S.

But I can't imagine fitting two teens into the back seats without some real discomfort.
I've no issue fitting my wife and my 13months old son in my C4S either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo Laps Nurburgring 10 Seconds Faster than Predecessor