997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche Documentary Tonight Oct.15 on IFC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Video Porsche Documentary Tonight Oct.15 on IFC

Just wanted to remind everyone about the new Porsche Documentary appearing on the IFC Channel (Independent Film Channel) this evening, enjoy:

Celebrate the 60 year legacy of Porsche in this all new documentary.

Porsche owners share their passions in this all new documentary. "Welcome to the Family" premieres tonight, Thursday 10/15 @ 10 E/ 9 C on the IFC Channel.

"Welcome to the Family" explores the common threads that bind the community of Porsche enthusiasts together. From the family who races and maintains their cars together to the celebrity with a curator for his private collection to the couple who spends their free time showing their automobile for competitions, this documentary celebrates the human component of the Porsche Legacy.

Beautifully filmed on location, showcasing a veritable parade of Porsche models from past, present and the near future, "Welcome to the Family" is a love story of form and function for drivers of all walks of life. But then again, why walk when you can drive?

–Bryan

For more info:
http://www.ifc.com/porsche/

A little teaser:
<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/271548326" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashvars="videoId=43815941001&linkBaseURL=http%3A %2F%2Fwww.ifc.com%2Fporsche%2F&playerId=271548326& viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false& " base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swliveconnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="486" height="412">

Old 10-15-2009, 08:05 PM
BostonRocket is infamous around these parts
Watching it now. Thanks for the heads up. They are talking to Jerry Seinfeld now about the sense of community that he gets from owning a P-car.

'Rocket

Last edited by BostonRocket; 10-15-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Pissed - not playing on West Coast

Well, I raced home to hit the DVR record button and out here on the west coast in California, it's not playing. I'm quite pissed. I believe something must be up for the western region or my cable company - I'm sure we'll see it soon. Enjoy.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Well, I raced home to hit the DVR record button and out here on the west coast in California, it's not playing. I'm quite pissed. I believe something must be up for the western region or my cable company - I'm sure we'll see it soon. Enjoy.
Yup
I posted on your other thread. Not on here in Arizona. WTF?!?!? If you find out if/when it's playing here, post up.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:25 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Well, with no TV to watch, I sent IFC programming an irritated e-mail asking if it will be aired in our market.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Former Vendor
I sent an email to IFC as well.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Crap!!!!! Missed it!!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor
Alright, I think it will play tonight on the west coast at 10PM according to IFC, it's listed wrong on my cable schedule so we'll se at 10.....

Old 10-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Alright, I think it will play tonight on the west coast at 10PM according to IFC, it's listed wrong on my cable schedule so we'll se at 10.....
Oh crap. Hopefully it's so for everyone else. I just found out I don't have a 'subscription' to that channel
Damn, if someone can get a link to it on the interweb, pleeeeeaze let me know

Old 10-16-2009, 09:49 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
give it a couple days someone will put it on youtube

Old 10-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Heard back from IFC. They were not aware of any problems with it airing on the West Coast. For those in CA, did it show last night?

Will be playing again:
Sun 10/25/09 01:00PM
Wed 10/28/09 02:05PM
Sun 11/01/09 12:30PM 04:30PM
Sat 11/07/09 10:30AM
Thu 11/12/09 10:00PM

No plans to broadcast it from their website, so if someone has the ability to record it and then post a link, please do!

Old 10-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for posting the re-broadcast info....

They did show it on the west coast on IFC, it all depended on whether you have cable or satellite. On ***, it aired at 10PM but was listed incorrectly on the guide with the wrong title. The sat guys got it on the east coast feed at 7. You can see 3 short snippets at www.ifc.com/porsche in the meantime if you don't get the channel..... It was a good watch, certain stories were given a bit too much airtime in my opinion...... They are pulling out all the bells and whistles to try and get some excitement going for this humpback 4 door Crossfire, I mean Panamera.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:56 PM