997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Newbie in Houston, TX - Local Suggestions Needed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 AM
TXLonghorn911 has a spectacular aura aboutTXLonghorn911 has a spectacular aura aboutTXLonghorn911 has a spectacular aura about
Newbie in Houston, TX - Local Suggestions Needed!

Hi all,

After much thought, time and deliberation and a little bit of negotiation, I purchased and picked up a gently used Certified '08 997 TT, my first Porsche, on Saturday.<o></o><o></o>

It's black on black, sports chrono, PCCB and a couple of other trim upgrades here and there. Bottom line is that I put over 500 miles on the car over 1.5 days because I couldn't pry myself from the car as the weather was also perfect this weekend.

OK, I'm going to stop rambling and get to the point. Does anyone have any shops or mechanics they recommend close into central Houston? I’ve heard good things about Motorwerks and ProTechnik but was wondering what any Houston members on the forum thought. Also, if there are other places here in Austin or Dallas people think might be worth the trip.

I’ll take my car up to the dealership for most things but wanted to know if there is someone to use in a pinch.

I purchased the car at Porsche North Houston from Rodger Gay. All I can say is that he made the process extremely easy and pleasant. I highly recommend going to see him if you are in Houston and are in the market for a new or pre-owned Porsche. <o></o>

Thanks in advance for everyone’s time and help. I’m really looking forward to the ownership experience!<o></o>

Last edited by TXLonghorn911; 10-31-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
First off, congrats on the new car.

Second, you are in a great area of the world in regards to Porsche enthusiasts and specialty shops.

Here are just a few of the Houston 6speeders that post regularly. They are also 997TT owners.

eclou
todo
TTGasman

I am sure they will be happy to help with any questions you may have regarding your car or where to take it.

Also, we work very closely with Luis @ Autodynamica. He has been a long time partner of A.W.E., and buys often. He has done simple exhaust upgrades as well as full 750hp kit installations. He is trustworthy and very good at what he does.

Here is his contact info:

AUTODYNAMICA
7025 W TIDWELL RD.
SUITE H-100
HOUSTON, TX 77092-2055

Lastly, if you ever need help sorting through the maze of performance upgrades, call or email me.

Enjoy your new car and have a great day!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
i saw that car online...nice car and well priced!!!!

enjoy!!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:31 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Rodger is a great guy, for service work I would rec Don Irby at Porsche west Houston. Autodynamica and Motorwerk are also good. For a major upgrade or conversion there is Ruf in Dallas.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Congrats! Hit up Houston favorite Todd aka Blackhorseturbo aka www.vividracing.com/texas

Old 10-27-2009, 05:22 PM
tranman329 is infamous around these parts
congrats on your new car. I'm in dallas and waiting for my 07 997 tt to arrive this week. you have the link to the one you bought?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:35 PM
bkagan is infamous around these parts
Steve Ott at Driver Source. Really stand up guy and does fantastic work.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Banned
nowaym3 is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the car. Whats the first mod?

Old 10-27-2009, 07:37 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Todd (vividracingtx) and Steve Ott at Driver's Source...perfect combo!

Make sure you come out to our next 60-130 event, it will give you a chance to meet the Houston crew.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...21-2009-a.html

Peter

Old 10-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
Driver Source
Autodynamica
Autobahn

are all good choices

Old 10-28-2009, 09:00 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I've gotta say that www.titanmotorsports.com is also a great choice for parts.
Peter

Originally Posted by titannero
Driver Source
Autodynamica
Autobahn

are all good choices

Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 AM
HennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to behold
We can help. We have a Dyno Dynamics AWD chassis dyno as well. Please come by and visit our shop sometime. We are about 45 minutes west of Houston and have our own 1/4 dragstrip next to the shop.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 AM
What can I say, John and the Hennessey team are great as well!!!!!
Peter

Old 10-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor
luis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations!!!
As Mike said we work very close with GIAC and AWE tuning. We have a certified Technician with 18 years of experience working with is and we are able to improve your car's performance with the best tuning systems on the market.

Good Luck!!

Old 10-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor
luis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdluis@autodynamica is a splendid one to behold
Awe exhaust

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newbie in Houston, TX - Local Suggestions Needed!