997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPC Racing's New 3+ DampHR Coilovers!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 AM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
That's my car. Can't wait to drive it with the suspension and software mods. TPC has been world class on this process so far. Looking fwd to experiencing the end result.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute

Max, Just wanted you to know we werent slacking !

Old 03-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Looks good Casey, excellent as always!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:48 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Casey, I continue to be fascinated by TPC's groundbreaking work with the Bilstein Damptronic. This is the first third party shock dyno I've ever seen on the the PSS series, both 9 and 10!! If I am in your area, there is no question who would be tuning my car's suspension! (I mean it.)

Anyway, I've been looking at your shock dyno and comparing it to the one I got from Bilstein of the PSS10. (The reason is I like to know which of the 2 curves of the Bilstein PSS10 are used for the Bilstein Damptronic.) There is something about the unit of the x axis of your chart (shaft velocity) that I can't figure out. The unit seems to be off somehow?

For example, at 2 inch/sec on your curve, the equivalent point on the Bilstein curve is around .2 m/s, which is 8 inch/sec. At 4 inch/sec on your curve, the Bilstein equivalent is 16 inch/sec. Did I do something wrong to cause this rather large discrepancy on the x axis between the 2 curves? TIA and hope you'll continue the great work.

Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Finally got the dyno up of our hotrodded bilsteins...

Last edited by cannga; 03-03-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Can,

Mike and I stared and tried to comprehend your post for about 10 minutes and we are still unclear.

I can tell you that the dyno we use has won Grand am and ALMS races for more that just us... I watched mike pull the info off of it when that was done a while ago.

Please clarify your question and I will do my best to answer it.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:43 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Can,
Mike and I stared and tried to comprehend your post for about 10 minutes and we are still unclear.
I can tell you that the dyno we use has won Grand am and ALMS races for more that just us... I watched mike pull the info off of it when that was done a while ago.
Please clarify your question and I will do my best to answer it.
Hi Casey, I greatly enjoy reading and respect the work TPC does & do not mean to be critical at all. I am truly an amateur trying to learn, and sorry for the confusion.

Ok the question is this. Looking at the shape of your curve, more specifically at the knee of the curve where the rebound & compression force starts to plateau: in the Bilstein curve this knee occurs at the transition of low speed to high speed bump, at shaft velocity of 8 inch per second, on your curve it's at 2-3 inch per second.

It seems the horizontal scales of the 2 curves, Bilstein versus yours, are off by a factor of 4 or so? Is it related to the method of measurement?

Last edited by cannga; 03-04-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:01 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
enough graphs, post some more pics of my car. I'm in NYC in mtgs, those are keeping me going ....

Old 03-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor
Can I will get back with you on monday regarding that. All I can say is that maybe bilsteins graph is off since it looks like a rendering and not an actual dyno. Thankfully i am taking tomorrow and saturday off as i cant remember the last time i had 2 days off in a row!

Max,

When I left today the front coilovers were being installed. I would assume they would be buttoned up tomorrow along with an alignment to the specs of mikes car... And then the tune... I will be back in on monday AM for pictures!

Casey

Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
No problem Casey, take your well deserved rest! And thanks for taking time to answer my question.

BTW, for when you get back :-), which one of your curves is compression, and which one rebound please? If I follow that rebound is usually larger than bump, then I would assume the rebound curve is actually the BOTTOM one?

Last edited by cannga; 03-05-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Former Vendor

Set up and Tuned.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Former Vendor
Old thread... but we have been doing a lot of these Stage 3+ Installs recently...

Here is the first Stage 3+ 997.2 TT to be completed...

And Another 997.1 Coming ditching the spring/brand x sways for our system.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:12 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Noob question - a coilover is different from a shock and spring, right? I presume there are some advantages to this?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor
It is designed as a paired unit with an adjustable collar for adjusting ride height. A spring and shock is just that, a spring, and a shock.

Casey