997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

new turbo. color questions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:16 PM
mastercraft911 is infamous around these parts
new turbo. color questions!

Hello, i am looking at a few turbos, all within the same price 3% deviation, some more options than others and vice versa, however it really comes down to the colors. please let me know your input- i have never seen the cream white one in person

listed in order by preference and also price

Hope to finalize this week. 09s

Cream white/ full red/ black top
black/ terecotta halfwith bucket seats/ black top
ruby red/beige interior

thanks for help!

Old 11-01-2009, 12:35 PM
ukboy is a jewel in the roughukboy is a jewel in the roughukboy is a jewel in the roughukboy is a jewel in the rough
Colors

I saw cream with cinnamon interior at pebble Beach concourse - looked stunning but probably suited my wife more than me

Old 11-01-2009, 03:14 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
Out of the combos you have listed, I personally like the Ruby Red / Beige car. Cream White would be my second choice, although I think the full red interior might be a bit 'loud'...

Old 11-01-2009, 03:44 PM
sleepys4 is infamous around these parts
I like the black and terracotta but i'm biased!

Old 11-01-2009, 03:53 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
i would go black...there is a similar well optioned blk/terra cab at momentum in houston...has ceramics...if u inquire, call jennifer sullivan and tell her handdoc sent you...i bought my turbo from her

Last edited by handdoc; 11-01-2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: sp
Old 11-02-2009, 05:38 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mastercraft911
Hello, i am looking at a few turbos, all within the same price 3% deviation, some more options than others and vice versa, however it really comes down to the colors. please let me know your input- i have never seen the cream white one in person

listed in order by preference and also price

Hope to finalize this week. 09s

Cream white/ full red/ black top
black/ terecotta halfwith bucket seats/ black top
ruby red/beige interior

thanks for help!
Ok -- strictly personal preference, no flame please , and I am NOT critical of anyone who might have one of the 3 choices!

1. Cream white/full red. Might be a little too effeminate. Perhaps best for a Cadillac, from the 50's? Not my idea of sports car color.
2. Teracotta is a love/hate leather. You either hate this or love this color. Unless mixed half and half with black leather (the "deviated" option?), this is another interior that is rather loud and might be hurtful to the eyes. I have always TRIED to like Teracotta.
3. Ruby red/beige: Strong and beautiful to me. My choice BY FAR of the 3 cars listed. Stunning, drop dead gorgeous, and yummy.

In the end your question is very difficult because if you like black exterior, you are not going to take the ruby red car even if you don't like teracotta that much? And if you like teracotta, then my opinion is totally useless.
Kidding aside, if you are a seasoned veteran, then never mind, but if you are new to Porsche colors, make very sure you look at the red and teracotta interiors repeatedly and know for sure that you could tolerate these colors.

Last edited by cannga; 11-02-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with Can on this one...Ruby/Beige would be a stunner.

We have a white Audi in our home fleet, and it's a ***** to clean. Just so hard. And cream white - eh - not for me. Black is a great clean color, it's just never clean.

But beyond what we all think, have you seen each of the combos in person? Does your heart beat faster around one of them more than the others?

Play out this scenario: if you were driving down the road in the white one, and the ruby one was coming the other way, would you wish......?