997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Switzer Sledgehammer shatters 60-130 record

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:37 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
Now all you got hope for is to not run into any TT Gallardos. I kid, I kid! Best of luck and enjoy the beast!
Thanks man, I will and you mean I hope TO run into TTG's ...I think this build is in the ball park of what the bolt on Twin Turbo Gallardos are running with the stock bottom ends. Not bad for a 3.6 liter 6 cyl. engine.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:45 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
I have a bolt on TT Gallardo, and I will tell you that the only way I would ever run a 60-130 in 4.2 secs is if I were dragged by a top fuel dragster.

In other words, no bolt on TT Gallardo will want any of this monster 997, and only fully built TT Gallardo's will have an edge.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
IN-SANE.
I'm still getting accustomed to my stock TT. I can't imagine Hammer-time

Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Wow !! 4.25 on a stock bottom end. Just insane. Congrats!!

Old 11-03-2009, 02:17 AM
AlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to behold
Oh-My-God, I can't believe the time, that is just Amazing that the car can even have traction to get the 4.25. Good Job!

-Alex

Old 11-03-2009, 04:28 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Congatulation to Les , Tim and David!!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, switzer is world class !

Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
HOLY CRAP, that is MOVIN'!!!!! Having run a 4.51 in the past, I can tell you that 4.25 is extremely fast...
Peter

Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
My Ford GT with a bolt on TT kit and completely stock internals, suspension, weight etc did a 4.52 60-130. I don't think it has much more than an extra -.1 or -.2 on a miracle run in it. Would love to see the first bolt on sub 4 second run and what kind of car it is.

Considering the P cars get it done with less than 4 liters and 6 cylinders amazes me. Big congrats

Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Tym Switzer ran a 4.25 second 60-130mph in my Sledgehammer on a 0.5% decline. Shift was a very solid 0.2 seconds. What an amazing time, great job!

LINK:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-list-165.html

Thanks Tym and David! I'm still shocked, but I think I can beat the .2 second shift.
What kind of internal work did you do to the motor?
How many miles have you put on since the all this power was added?
How hard do you push the car every time you drive it?

Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SCvet00
I have a bolt on TT Gallardo, and I will tell you that the only way I would ever run a 60-130 in 4.2 secs is if I were dragged by a top fuel dragster.

In other words, no bolt on TT Gallardo will want any of this monster 997, and only fully built TT Gallardo's will have an edge.
I think we are going to run the streets next spring Fadi!

Old 11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
IN-SANE.
I'm still getting accustomed to my stock TT. I can't imagine Hammer-time
I like that...hmmm maybe I should get the plate "HMRTIME"

Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Wow !! 4.25 on a stock bottom end. Just insane. Congrats!!
Thank you and props to Tym and Dk at SPI!

Originally Posted by AlFromCalabasas
Oh-My-God, I can't believe the time, that is just Amazing that the car can even have traction to get the 4.25. Good Job!

-Alex
I guess the AWD that Porsche engineers put together is doing its job.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Congatulation to Les , Tim and David!!!!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Yep, switzer is world class !
Agreed...this is my 4th car built by Switzer and I just have enjoyed the entire experience from A-Z.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by jbsteven
My Ford GT with a bolt on TT kit and completely stock internals, suspension, weight etc did a 4.52 60-130. I don't think it has much more than an extra -.1 or -.2 on a miracle run in it. Would love to see the first bolt on sub 4 second run and what kind of car it is.

Considering the P cars get it done with less than 4 liters and 6 cylinders amazes me. Big congrats
Congrats on your 4.52...what tires were you running for that time?

Originally Posted by JZRS4
What kind of internal work did you do to the motor?
How many miles have you put on since the all this power was added?
How hard do you push the car every time you drive it?
Short is bone stock the way that the Porsche engineer teams wanted it for their needs. One thing is for sure, Tym and DK certainly drove it hard enough to shatter some records that will probably stand for quite some time.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:11 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Congrats on your 4.52...what tires were you running for that time?

Short is bone stock the way that the Porsche engineer teams wanted it for their needs. One thing is for sure, Tym and DK certainly drove it hard enough to shatter some records that will probably stand for quite some time.
Do you know how many miles you have driven it since the mods?
I am not interested in shattered records. To do so requires that a time be broken once. I am interested in DD characteristics, longevity and overall wear and tear on internals that were never designed for this much power. I know the rods aren't. Are you planning on swapping them out?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Switzer Sledgehammer shatters 60-130 record