997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Switzer Sledgehammer shatters 60-130 record

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Congrats on your 4.52...what tires were you running for that time?
Hoosier R6's.

My Pilot Cups could do the same as long as they are heated up.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:01 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JZRS4
Do you know how many miles you have driven it since the mods?
I am not interested in shattered records. To do so requires that a time be broken once. I am interested in DD characteristics, longevity and overall wear and tear on internals that were never designed for this much power. I know the rods aren't. Are you planning on swapping them out?
Im not sure how many miles have been driven since the mods as the ride is still at SPI awaiting cosmetics and a pump gas tune. I do know that the original Sledgehammer package was installed on the car at around 45 miles on her odo and the car has over 140 dyno pulls, multiple drag strip events, a standing mile event, and who knows how many 60-130 drift box pulls. Let alone, when DK had her, numerous evenings out roll racing anything he could find. To be honest, I am shocked that nothing has let go at this point...I do feel confident that if she can survive under these rigors, then on the P800 tune she should live along, long, healthy life with the occasional kill mode usage thrown in.

My plan is to have the SPI P800 pump gas tune as my normal everyday setting and when I have a big race or a mile event etc...I will goto the race gas kill mode. I have no plans to replace rods unless something lets go. Thats the time I will upgrade those parts. I do budget for normal freshening of the engine for spring 2010..maybe valve springs, spark plugs and normal wear and tear items. Really whatever else Tym sees needed at that time so I am ready when the weather breaks here in Ohio.

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 11-03-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-03-2009, 07:04 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jbsteven
Hoosier R6's.

My Pilot Cups could do the same as long as they are heated up.
Nice, and for a RWD car putting down the power you are putting down, I bet these sticky tires are a must! Did you have to upgrade the axles and rear dif. to handle these power levels?

Old 11-04-2009, 02:30 AM
andyxgy is infamous around these parts
That's fast! enjoy the car..

Old 11-04-2009, 04:18 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Nice, and for a RWD car putting down the power you are putting down, I bet these sticky tires are a must! Did you have to upgrade the axles and rear dif. to handle these power levels?
we did upgrade the axles after the Mile event. Diff is stock. I upgraded the clutch when I did the TT install.

the car is waaaay overbuilt from the factory.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:50 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Thanks alot Fadi. Its been worth the wait, pics soon to follow, and DK is on the same team

My avatar is one of the Switzer cars in Russia running a similar color combo to mine I cant wait till the cosmetics on my ride are done so I can have a nice pro photo shoot done!

No that from my rides last year run before this 2nd round of upgrades (also before I owned this car). Those first round upgrades yielded a 4.86 60-130 so its safe to say in kill mode now the car is capable of 150+ traps I would say.

Wow...what a great results... I have more vids to come ...later !!!

Is any Porsche runing into 3 secs yet ??? I would love to see 0-186 run ...

Great avatar

Last edited by GT RUS; 11-04-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by andyxgy
That's fast! enjoy the car..
Thanks and will do bro.

Originally Posted by jbsteven
we did upgrade the axles after the Mile event. Diff is stock. I upgraded the clutch when I did the TT install.

the car is waaaay overbuilt from the factory.
I guess and you have an amazing machine! Cheers for that.

Originally Posted by GT RUS
Wow...what a great results... I have more vids to come ...later !!!

Is any Porsche runing into 3 secs yet ??? I would love to see 0-186 run ...

Great avatar
Yes I will get many vids this coming spring and thanks my friend! Also thanks for letting me use that avatar

Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Awesome! How much boost? I understand he said all of it but what is that 2bar?

Old 11-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jk62
HOLY ****!!!

0-300km/h in 17sec!! 200-300 in 8sec!!! ON SPEEDO!!

Any idea what mods on that car ??

Old 11-07-2009, 06:20 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Isn't the redline too high for 997.1 TT?

Old 11-07-2009, 07:26 PM
PyroKerry has a spectacular aura aboutPyroKerry has a spectacular aura about
Astonishing - and on a stock bottom end.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:48 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure what car that is from but my tach only goes up to 8k

Old 11-08-2009, 05:06 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Ridiculous...Congrats. Didnt a GTT do 3.5 sec or something in that range from 60-130mph? Only car I know that has done sub 4 secs. If memory serves its an Underground Racing Nera....Eithercase 3-4 sec 60-130mph is ridiculousness.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Switzer is awesome! Every other thread on here is one of their cars.

Those guys do it right.

Congrats on the time!!

Old 11-09-2009, 03:30 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice

Yes I will get many vids this coming spring and thanks my friend! Also thanks for letting me use that avatar

You are always welcome !!!

Cant wait to see you beast...and times you will run...and vids...

You still doing the same mods, when is it planned ot be finshed ???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Switzer Sledgehammer shatters 60-130 record