997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tuner Shop in Chicago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:11 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Tuner Shop in Chicago

Hey guys, Im looking at possibly getting an M3 track car and its in the Chicago area. I figured I would post here so I can get a few more eyes on this. I need a tuner shop that specializes in track cars/race car that can look over it in the Chicago area and just make sure everything checks out because Im going to be buying it sight unseen.

Any and all recommendations welcome, thanks !

Old 11-08-2009, 06:58 PM
V-man is infamous around these parts
In northbrook and joliet Fall line motors they did some work on my m-3 mark i believe is the owner

Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
PyroKerry has a spectacular aura aboutPyroKerry has a spectacular aura about
Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville did the suspension work on my car, but I think they are a Porsche shop.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:43 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
+1 Fall Line Motorsports or Perfect Power, although the latter is more of a Porsche tuner.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:37 PM
keenan9 is infamous around these partskeenan9 is infamous around these parts
Fall-Line Motorsports is the place you want:
http://www.fall-linemotorsports.com/

Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm going to get in touch with Fall-Line Motorsports.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:39 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Stay as far away as you can from Fall Line, they are not what I would call business men!
There isn't a decent place anywhere in town, which is why people go to them. None of my cars would ever step a foot in there place and everyone I know that went there had to have the work redone and was very unhappy.

With that being said, BMW work is easy, call Kevin Hale at Knauz and have him hook you up with Skip. Skip is the best BMW mechanic in IL.
For Porsche ship her out of town or use the dealer, no other choices.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:44 PM
JoePcone is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JZRS4
Stay as far away as you can from Fall Line, they are not what I would call business men!
There isn't a decent place anywhere in town, which is why people go to them. None of my cars would ever step a foot in there place and everyone I know that went there had to have the work redone and was very unhappy.

With that being said, BMW work is easy, call Kevin Hale at Knauz and have him hook you up with Skip. Skip is the best BMW mechanic in IL.
For Porsche ship her out of town or use the dealer, no other choices.

I agree. I took my m3 there for an alignment and they delivered it back with a broken suspension piece that was fixed under warranty thankfully.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by raiyu
Hey guys, Im looking at possibly getting an M3 track car and its in the Chicago area. I figured I would post here so I can get a few more eyes on this. I need a tuner shop that specializes in track cars/race car that can look over it in the Chicago area and just make sure everything checks out because Im going to be buying it sight unseen.

Any and all recommendations welcome, thanks !
Definately Fall-Line Motorsports.....Talk to Mark Boden or JP...first class shop and I know most of their techs...They did any and all work on all my BMW's and Porsche's and they race BMW's themselves...

Lou

Old 11-10-2009, 06:05 AM
bjizzle34 is infamous around these partsbjizzle34 is infamous around these parts
+1 on Fall Line. I was very happy with their work. Tim or Mark will take good care of you.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said, I would stay away from them. Chicago has limited options which is why people go there. Ask them for a list of customers and call them