997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Who has the best solution: Engine ECU + Tiptronic ECU?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tiago
I think i'm ready to make the ECU upgrade, but by having a tip car this only makes sense to me with the TCU upgrade to take the advantage of the 7000rpm redline. Who has the best program for both ecu's? Is there anyone in europe capable of doing that?
Tiago,

FVD Germany can do both for you. In fact depending on where you are in europe we may have a distributor very close by.

Here is the contact information for Germany and the rest of our distributors...

If you would like send an email directly to alex@fvd.de he can give you all the info.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 11-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porsche997TT
I have the Evoms600 and love it!

RennSport1 does good work
Thank you for the kind words. Let me know how the cars rungs at FixxFest

Old 11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Hi guys, just want to confirm that everyone who requested information about the EVOMSit TCU upgrade did receive their PM's or emails. If not please let me know and I'll be happy to resend. The downtime of 6Speed over the past couple days caused some posts and messages to disappear it seems.

For those who are curious, The EVOMSit TCU upgrade is completely with guaranteed same-day turnaround, with overnight delivery back to you.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Hi guys, just want to confirm that everyone who requested information about the EVOMSit TCU upgrade did receive their PM's or emails. If not please let me know and I'll be happy to resend. The downtime of 6Speed over the past couple days caused some posts and messages to disappear it seems.

For those who are curious, The EVOMSit TCU upgrade is completely with guaranteed same-day turnaround, with overnight delivery back to you.
This is true. I received my TCU back the next day.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
Switzer

Old 11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
uaeturbo has a spectacular aura aboutuaeturbo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
As of last month, Todd did not do TCU flashes for the 996's. Is he doing it for the 997's?
Todd just shipped it to me

Old 11-16-2009, 08:28 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Vivid Racing is now offering TCU flashes. Contact me for pricing.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
This is true. I received my TCU back the next day.
Can't beat that!

So you went with the EVOMSit upgrade. How do you like it?

Old 11-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Can't beat that!

So you went with the EVOMSit upgrade. How do you like it?

I'll let you know in a couple days, we are headed to the track Saturday..

Old 11-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Old 11-18-2009, 07:03 PM
PAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nice
i went with GIAC and i am very happy with it. my car is now a beast and can't be beat!!!! i highly recommend these guys!!! good luck.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:47 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Rhonda, i contacted german FVD and i'm waiting their reply for two days.

Many thanks to Neil - Switzer, Dan - Vividracing and Tom - Rennsport. They are truly nice guys. I wish to live in US just to choose their programs in a heart beat.

Now living with a big ocean in the middle i only have two options:
1. Getting a full program and spend lots of $$$,
2. Get conservative programs due to the lack of datalog for the tuning.

I have two good friends that make ECU's tunes for living for long time. Both have huge experience in tuning, one has a maha dyno, and the other has a rotronics dyno. Every time i see one, they keep asking me to allow to tune my car. Both offered me great prices (less than 75% from most out there). I'm considering to do that, as they can datalog the car and quickly adjust the tune to take the most advantage of the mods done.

Now, they cannot do the TCU tune. It seems that the TCU tune is same from all companies: faster shifting and 7000rpm max shift point. Public prices is $1k. With 3 or 4 companies that are able to do that, who has the better pricing?

Old 11-19-2009, 07:48 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I had my TCU done by Protomotive a few months before and i love it. Have in mind that ECU and TCU must be done by the same tuner at the same time, they have to work together well for best results

Old 11-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
I may be mistaken but i think that the only thing that it needs to take the advantage of 7000rpm like they do for manual, is to have the TCU allowing to shift at 7000rpm. Besides rpm, ECU and TCU work separately. That is why is possible to combine different tuners ECU softwares with TCU softwares.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Tiago,

I will have someone contact you tomorrow without fail. PM sent. I apologize in advance for the lack of customer service.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has the best solution: Engine ECU + Tiptronic ECU?