997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Any Owners Here Have a GMG Racing Cross-Over Exhaust in Titanium?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:54 PM
AlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to behold
Any Owners Here Have a GMG Racing Cross-Over Exhaust in Titanium?

If you have this exhaust, or if you have any real good info. please start talking, ..

Now is it true that the main difference in the sound between the Titanium and the regular Stainless-Steel version is the higher pitch, more exotic sound produced by the Titanium?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

-Alex

P.s.- Look at how beautiful this thing looks.

Attached Images   
Old 11-14-2009, 10:00 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
A GT2 was being fitted with a GMG Ti and fitment was very poor. Exhaust looked fantastic, but fitment was very poor. Factory Porsche Techs couldn't believe the exhaust cost 6k and fit was that bad. Last I heard they where trying to fabricate the bumper so it would fit. FYI.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:15 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Counterpoint, I saw it fitted on a gt2 at farnbacher, looked great...just a tad loud for me, but the fitment was spot on. The Ti is thinner and will produce a louder/ higher pitch with some degree of drone.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Titanium resonance has a higher sound frequency pitch (resonance) than steel.
The metals life longevity is increased because of the structural metal property strength. (molecular density.)

It is more expensive to manufacture.

A cross member section works with the manifold/header exhaust backpressure to sustain higher low end torque.

The cross member application is widely used in natural aspirated motors .

Though some backpressure proper tuning provides good low end acceleration with turbo chargers as well in spite of what many may think.

I'd be interested in learning this systems supported performance numbers.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:19 PM
AlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by M3 S3-R
A GT2 was being fitted with a GMG Ti and fitment was very poor. Exhaust looked fantastic, but fitment was very poor. Factory Porsche Techs couldn't believe the exhaust cost 6k and fit was that bad. Last I heard they where trying to fabricate the bumper so it would fit. FYI.
I am very shocked to hear this as every product I have ever seen from GMG Racing has been of the highest quality level in the aftermarket tuning scene.

Thanks for the info.

-Alex

Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Serpentene
Titanium resonance has a higher sound frequency pitch (resonance) than steel.
The metals life longevity is increased because of the structural metal property strength. (molecular density.)

It is more expensive to manufacture.

A cross member section works with the manifold/header exhaust backpressure to sustain higher low end torque.

The cross member application is widely used in natural aspirated motors .

Though some backpressure proper tuning provides good low end acceleration with turbo chargers as well in spite of what many may think.

I'd be interested in learning this systems supported performance numbers.
What a great answer, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

-Alex

Old 11-15-2009, 05:37 PM
GEO 450 is infamous around these parts
sound clip?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:35 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GEO 450
sound clip?
Search engine is your friend...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/2524131-post1.html

Old 11-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M3 S3-R

Wow... This is news.. I would like to know which GT2 had the issue and what had to be fabricted on the bumper?

Please let me know what customer had this problem..... Who installed it?

We have several systems installed at GMG and we also had several dealers including Porsche dealers install systems with no issues.

Please advise, place of install , You can always email me directly.. We take any issue with our product very seriously.........

Old 11-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Anyone else here with this exhaust??

Thanks,
Alex