997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Trickle Chargers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:46 AM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
Originally Posted by duane315
The one in the ashtray console.
Thx.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:24 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Quick question - just picked up CTEK + cig lighter adapter. I think it's working. It was showing orange (charging) for a couple days and then turned green for a few minutes. Then it's back to orange all the time. Why is my battery constantly charging? Is this normal?

Thanks

Old 04-09-2010, 04:50 PM
aaronb is infamous around these parts
Are any of these trickle chargers enough to charge a completely dead (but pretty new) battery, if you leave it on for enough time? Or does one have to just get enough power to open the hood and then jump the battery directly?

Old 04-10-2010, 04:57 PM
duane315 is infamous around these parts
The Porsche Battery maintainer will only work if it see's a slight voltage. If it does the red light will be lit and it is charging. If the battery is really dead it could take the Maintainer a few days to get it up to charge.
Porsche also makes a more expensive charger/maintainer combo. It would charge a battery a lot quicker.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:04 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I just got the ctek 3300. After reading about Paulie's experience with his battery I'm nervous. Do you have to open the front hood and "vent" while the cig lighter adaptor is being used or do people leave the hood closed and just plug the lighter adaptor in?
Do you remove the battery in the winter and trickle charge it or leave it in the car and do it?
thanks.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:08 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
I just got the ctek 3300. After reading about Paulie's experience with his battery I'm nervous. Do you have to open the front hood and "vent" while the cig lighter adaptor is being used or do people leave the hood closed and just plug the lighter adaptor in?
Do you remove the battery in the winter and trickle charge it or leave it in the car and do it?
thanks.
I think his thread made EVERYONE nervous
Plug in with the hood closed. If you've had it plugged in for a 'while' (not sure what the magic number is), then before you fire it up again, open the frunk, open the plastic battery cover and let it vent to the air for 10 minutes. Perhaps a bit of overkill for such a rare occurrence, but better than acid spewing all over the place

Old 04-22-2010, 09:46 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I'll just keep the baking soda nearby when trying out the charger.
I'm going on vacation for a week and was going to plug it in. On second thought I'll just leave things as is and see if the car starts when I get back.