997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Trickle Chargers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:45 AM
GEO 450 is infamous around these parts
Trickle Chargers

I have a BMW Trickle charger that plugs into the lighter outlet, I assume that this will work for the 997TT? If so does it continue to charge the battery when the car goes to sleep? What do you guys reccommend for the extended no drive periods in the winter. Thanks

Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure it would work.
I use Porsche ones personally but I would be surprised if BMW ones don't work.

Before I bought the chargers my batteries on my cars were always dying and it drove me nuts...these things have been amazing.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by raclaims
I'm sure it would work.
I use Porsche ones personally but I would be surprised if BMW ones don't work.

Before I bought the chargers my batteries on my cars were always dying and it drove me nuts...these things have been amazing.

Thanks I will give it try, just didn't want to burn the garage, car and house down while I away during Thanksgiving.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
I use the porsche one which plugs into the lighter socket and it has a red light which comes on when charging and goes out when fully charged. Being a trickle charger it should toggle on and off when it detects a drain. I would think the BMW one should work the same.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:40 PM
vpmick is infamous around these partsvpmick is infamous around these parts
I use the same Porsche one and have had no problems

Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by tblountman
I use the porsche one which plugs into the lighter socket and it has a red light which comes on when charging and goes out when fully charged. Being a trickle charger it should toggle on and off when it detects a drain. I would think the BMW one should work the same.

That's very similar to the BMW one. Hooked it up tonight, red light on, we will see how she goes. Thanks

Old 11-27-2009, 06:53 AM
andytsai is infamous around these parts
I have a porsche one but when I plug it in my benz sl55. it doesn't work

Old 11-27-2009, 08:21 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Been using this since my 993 24/7 when not in the car and knockwood never a battery problem so they do serve a purpose. The best $100 I ever spent.

Cab

Old 11-27-2009, 09:09 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Check the amperage that the Porsche and BMW chargers put out to be sure. Too easy to check to ensure everything is safe.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Michael-Dallas is infamous around these parts
I use a 12v Battery Tender Jr (w/ cigarette lighter adapter): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

$34/shipped and works like a charm.

///Michael

Old 11-27-2009, 10:35 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
I got this last year...it works perfect...plug it in lighter slot, plug in wall and doneski.

http://www.e-partssales.com/miva/mer...de=997ttcovers

Old 11-27-2009, 08:37 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
I got this last year...it works perfect...plug it in lighter slot, plug in wall and doneski.

Cool, just ordered this.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:28 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AJag
Cool, just ordered this.
Best money you will spend for your GT2. Beautiful ride by the way.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:57 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou

Plus 1, works great. Great price from Suncoast. I paid more elsewhere.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:16 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I have one of these. Porsche charger for almost half the price. I also purchased the permanent battery connections so, in winter, I can just plug it into the battery. Also available on ebay.
https://www.shopatron.com/products/p....23205.0.0.0.0
Search ctek 3300 on ebay

Last edited by imcarnuts; 11-28-2009 at 02:23 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trickle Chargers