997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Based on Porsche 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 06:27 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
9ff speed9 based on Porsche 997TT

This will probably be the star of this year’s Essen Motor Show! The 9ff Speed9 is the ultimate expression of the 997 Turbo and coming in the roadster form it pays tribute to the 356 Speedster of the 50s. 9ff has come up with a new design for the car’s bodykit which is scary but in a cool way! And as usual it packs a massive punch to cope with its badass looks.

With the usual engine treatment consisting of ECU upgrade, sport air filter and sport exhaust system, 9ff managed to extract 650hp and 890Nmof torque out of the 997’s turbocharged flat-six engine.

Along with the aero package which includes front splitter, rear diffuser and rear wing, the engineers ha also used a sport suspension dropping the car down further increasing the downforce at high speed. They have also fitted it with a high performance braking package with 380mm discs and 6-piston calipers to keep this monster in check all the time.

More details and also pricing are expected to be released during the Essen Show.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 11-22-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
i like the kit

Old 11-22-2009, 07:45 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Not for me, but then I would never have another drop top. It looks like a larger Boxster.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:29 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
not feelin' this one...

Old 11-23-2009, 05:33 AM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
Originally Posted by landjet
Not for me, but then I would never have another drop top. It looks like a larger Boxster.
That was my first thought (Boxster) especially the rear side view.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:14 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
beautiful!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:44 AM
missmelva is infamous around these parts
make the turbo cheaper boxter

Old 11-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
yeah it is horrible looking.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:41 AM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by landjet
+1 don't like it.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:38 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Ugh. Boxster on steroids.

Last edited by AJag; 11-23-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:16 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I like the RSR style rear bumper and exhaust treatment, but otherwise not a huge fan.

The front reminds me of a GTR and unless those roll bars pop-up higher, which it doesnt look like they do, they aren't offering much in the way of protecting your head.

For this kind of look I much rather get the '10 boxster speedster. If they used more of the speedster's elements on this car, then this could be a very nice design but its just too flat and boring from the seats to the engine.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Not a fan of the snap kit boxster either tho
I'm a fan of the tilt spoiler..and more pronounced front turbo air dam.

(Something that the 997 LED lights have partially ruined IMHO, Leave the LEDs to Nissan and Toyota please..I LIKE CLASSIC RETRO PORSCHE)

I think I like this car kit for what it is.

PORSCHE BRING BACK THE WHALE TAIL PLEASE !!!!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:22 PM
vpmick is infamous around these partsvpmick is infamous around these parts
agree with most...not my favorite. Looks too much like a Boxter.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
i think it is a clean look, +1 on the conversion...

Old 11-24-2009, 08:34 AM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Its a boxter

Dressed up as a turbo. All it needs is a little chain steering wheel.

As they say in east LA - Looks charp mang.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Based on Porsche 997TT